*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307463-Pre-teen-experience
Rated: 13+ · Non-fiction · Experience · #2307463
The experience of everything I went through 5th/6th grade, the turmoil of starting puberty
When I was in fifth grade I started being bullied a lot more. I remember standing in lunch line and the kids behind me would try to trip me or shoot rubber bands against my butt which itch me there. They would laugh and mock me for itching my butt and almost falling. I was also made fun of because my boobs started developing more and I didn’t have a bra. I started growing them when I was 9, but since I was 11 in fifth grade they were already almost B cup size. I started puberty earlier than the rest of the kids and I was the tallest in class. The teacher had to talk to my parents privately for getting me bras to wear but my parents refused and said that I was too young for a bra. Eventually the school itself had to give me free training bras and free clothes for me to wear. Even though I was bullied a lot in fifth grade, I was still hanging out with Ashley and there was another girl named Destiny that was new to the school so Ashley and I hung out with Destiny. We all were volunteering at the library to help out the librarian still, and I had a great time with that.

All 3 of us created a bond and we went to each other’s apartments. I met Ashley’s family and Destiny’s family, and they met my family. They only lived down the street from me on Knott Ave. We have mostly gone to Ashley’s place because her mom always welcomed us. We would mostly hang out in the weekends in Ashley’s apartment. They were my only friends besides Tori. We had a great time together, we walked around the area a lot, we sang songs, spent the night at Ashley’s apartment, etc. One night it was Ashley’s brother’s birthday and we had fun. Me and Destiny decided to do the Bloody Mary chant in the bathroom mirror in the dark and we got freaked out because I saw a red laser light and she saw a black crack opening up in the mirror, we ran out as fast as we could. One time there was a time where we all did sexual things to each other, but after that day we decided to not do that again because we all felt guilty and weird doing it. They even pulled pranks on me and it wasn’t even funny. They had me drink a cup of a lot of pain pills that were dissolved in the water, and they peed in the sheets I slept in while I was sleeping over there, and even prank called me pretending to be their apartment manager telling me to not come over again. At least they apologized when those things didn’t go too well. I was glad I was able to hang out with them during the school days when Tori was gone. Then I hung out with Tori on the weekends. After a while, me, Ashley, and Destiny started drifting apart, so we weren’t really hanging out anymore like we used to.
My sixth grade school year was easier than my fifth grade school year. I was still being bullied by classmates but not as bad as fifth grade. I was 12 years old when I started sixth grade. I had a funny teacher and he knew how to have fun with the class! Besides the normal school work, he taught the class how to play chess and we even had game days once in a while. Those game days consisted of popular video games and all kinds of different consoles. I really loved how the teacher was and I really enjoyed having him as a teacher. He was very funny and he made all of us laugh sometimes.

Also in sixth grade, I volunteered before school in the cafeteria to help out the first to third graders to learn how to read and how to pronounce words. It was a program they had to help those that may be struggling in reading and pronouncing words. I was assigned to each kid one on one and have them read words and help them pronounce the ones they struggled in pronouncing. I was very patient and they got so much better at reading and pronouncing words by the time the program ended. I felt good making another good impact besides the good impact I’m making at the library.

I started my very first menstrual cycle 1 month after I turned 12 and I was so excited. My parents thought I freaked out when I screamed “my peepee is bleeding!” but no it was only excitement. At that age I really wanted to have a husband but I was too immature and too young. I started to grow a liking to guys and started having crushes. That year I was so into watching Disney Channel and the movie High School Musical 2 came out that year and I started to have a major celebrity crush on one of the main actors in the movie named Corbin Bleu. He played Chad in the High School Musical movies. I started being inside the apartment more and listening to his songs on YouTube and researched more about him. Corbin Bleu seemed like a good man and I was so desperate to have him as a future husband. I started drooling all over pictures of him and my hormones went haywire. I couldn’t get my mind off of him and I was hoping to meet him someday. He was 6 years older than me so I didn’t care about the age difference. All I wanted was to have a good man as a future husband.
© Copyright 2023 Alicia Astralstar (astralstar9695 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307463-Pre-teen-experience