*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307461-Childhood-Best-Friend
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Friendship · #2307461
The few years in childhood, I had a real friend and we loved each other like sisters
One other good thing about my childhood was that in the midst of being bullied in the apartment complex, Tori who was my childhood best friend was always there for me. She and I hung out all the time as long as she was there because her parents lived there but she was going to school where her grandparents lived. Her parents and her grandparents shared custody of her so I was only able to see her on the weekends for the school year and during the summer. She also went to church with me occasionally. We spent the night at each other's houses a lot, played with dolls and stuffed animals, watched movies, and just had fun. We even pretended we were witches and fairies and we went around casting spells in a fun way. We explored our imaginations to the fullest. We went swimming in the pool a lot and got sun tans. She was the only real friend I had because everyone else was against me there. We used to play all summer long and on the weekends during the school year.

In the summer we spent the night at each other’s houses a lot. We thought my apartment was haunted because I had baby dolls that looked freaky. We literally thought they kept moving slightly. We were seeing things, one night the night light in the room went off all of a sudden and then I went out to get Tori some tissue and I saw a red laser light moving around in the hallway ceiling for a second and I ran back into the room. The hallway was not even near any windows! We believed that every toy had life, like a soul inside them. Other times we built forts out of pillows and etc. At her house, her dad would feed us cup of noodles a lot and I loved it. We watched movies a lot, and we played with her toys, etc. We also played with her leopard gecko pet lizards she had. Those lizards were so cute and we kept holding them and letting them craw on our hands and arms. There were times where she had to stay at my apartment unexpectedly until the middle of the night because her parents were out late at night. She would get worried about why her parents stayed out so late and I would comfort her. All of these good times I had with her lasted for a few years.
© Copyright 2023 Alicia Astralstar (astralstar9695 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307461-Childhood-Best-Friend