*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2308304-A-Forever-Friend
Rated: E · Prose · Spiritual · #2308304
Walking with Jesus
JOB 9:33-35


“If only there were someone to mediate between us, someone to bring us together, someone to remove God’s rod from me, so that his terror would frighten me no more. Then I would speak up without fear of him, but as it now stands with me, I cannot.”


The first thing I thought of when I read these verses was how hard it must have been for Job not to know Jesus...not to have someone who could intercede to God for him. He would have known, through Jesus, that there was hope. He would have known that there was light at the end of the tunnel.

Since I accepted Jesus into my life, I’ve had “ups and downs” like we all do. But my “downs” don’t last as long as they used to. It’s like Jesus is waiting for me to turn around and walk back to Him. I can see Him smiling at me with open arms.

Sometimes I feel like Christian in The Pilgrim’s Progress: aware of what the goal is, but sometimes taking an unfortunate detour because I allowed Satan to whisper in my ear.

If I were to see myself as God sees me, what would I be looking at? Would I look like Job, faithful--regardless of my circumstances? Or would I look like Job’s friend-- Seeing my circumstances, but not the Lord?

“For now, we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.”

1 Cor. 13:12



Father, thank you so much for Jesus. I can’t imagine walking without Him in my life. In His holy name, I praise and worship You.
© Copyright 2023 lbidler (lbidler at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2308304-A-Forever-Friend