*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2308152-The-Way-of-the-Lord
Rated: E · Prose · Spiritual · #2308152
Following God's Direction
Psalm 32:8 NIV


I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.


I love studying God’s Word through personal study, Bible studies, Companion Groups, Our Daily Bread courses, and video lessons. But that’s not the only way God instructs us. He also instructs, teaches, and counsels us through our interactions with other people and through the experiences in our lives.

When I’m faced with a difficult situation, my first reaction is usually “Am I disobeying God?” or “Could this be God’s will for me?” Although I’m not always pleased by what’s happening, I’m learning not to fight it. I need to look back and see all the ways He has helped me in the past. That’s how I learned to trust Him. And when something beautiful happens in my life, my reaction is praise and worship and sharing the experience with others.

It’s not just about what I learn in the Bible...the stories, the people, the history, and geography. It’s about what I do with what I learn. It’s about recognizing God’s loving eye on me... listening to His counsel through the help of the Holy Spirit and living what I learn.



The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him—
the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding,
the Spirit of counsel and of might,
the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the Lord—
and he will delight in the fear of the Lord.

Isaiah 11:2


Father, thank you for Your love and direction. Help me to always remain teachable in the name of Jesus.



© Copyright 2023 lbidler (lbidler at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2308152-The-Way-of-the-Lord