*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2308680-Gynarchy-7-Bridal-Job
Rated: E · Short Story · Entertainment · #2308680
Imagine the restrictions something like a bridal gown and veils could bring to cleaning.
Paula was vacuuming the living room when the phone rang. Paula picked up the receiver and said, "Miss Halstead's residence, maid Paula speaking."
Paula's female husband spoke.
"Did you forget the security cameras are attached to my phone sweetie? I have the owner of Lisa's bridal store here and she wants to hire you. She has been watching and sees your potential as a model, and a salesgirl for the Victorian fully covered gowns for males. Now get that veil over your face!"
Paula quickly drew the veil over his face. He knew he messed up when he lifted it for lunch and forgot to lower it again.
Paula looked up at the camera and saw the red light on. Sandy was viewing. He held his massive lace-trimmed skirts back as he drew closer to the coffee table.
The redwood table was clean as always but Paula had to be careful. It wasn't a big deal to women who ruled. They seldom paid attention if their jeans or shirt picked up some dust, but the mountains of white bridal satin and tulle enshrouding Paula were quick to pick up the slightest dust. He had to make sure that the ankle-length three-tiered veils were held as close to his gown as possible as well. As he held his skirts and veils in his white lace gloved hands he heard the women laugh. They enjoyed watching males struggle with the slightest of household tasks.
"Paula dear, do you have all three veils down dear? You know Jill from Men's Daily Bridal Wear is watching. She whispered she could see your face. You know that isn't allowed."
Paula straightened up, reached behind his head, and drew the remaining two tiers forward. He plummeted into a feminine white-tinted world where it was harder to see any dust left behind. Since the red light showed Sandy was watching and probably recording for Jill, he held his white sating encasement and curtsied.
"Good girl Paula! Jill and the ladies I work with are impressed. Sharon says she is really thinking about putting Bill into bridal attire full-time to make his tasks harder. You are an inspiration in femininity and being a truly lovely wife!"
Jill added, "Paula, you have made your housework look so easy with three tiers of tulle encasing you that I will be speaking with some manufacturers about having new bridal attire made which is more restrictive. I was thinking maybe wrist-to-neck ribbons to limit your reach and a fourth veil to make your world a little more secluded from women. Please give me an honest opinion."
Paula curtsied and said, "Ma'am, the three tiers make housework harder and it makes it far easier to miss dust. As it is I have to really look hard to make sure the house is spotless, and these massive petticoat and bridal gown skirts really hinder cleaning without getting dust or dirt on the satin."
Paula curtsied again.
Paula heard the women laughing and one was clapping.
"Excellent! So you are pretty much secluded in your own world now?"
Paula hated having to answer as it made life more miserable for the males, but curtsied and said, "Yes ma'am. I can't see anything across the room. A fourth veil would make it even harder to see across the room. I would even have to look harder at what I am cleaning. I would be secluded in a room full of people."
"Bravo Paua! You'll be demonstrating the new version next week with an added row of lace around the stand-up collar and a narrower waist that I'm sure Sandy can get you cinched into. Instead of single-skirted petticoats, the new models will each have two skirts with an extra row of lace around the bottom. The wedding gowns will also have two ankle-length sating skirts and a ring will be sewn into the collar with two hip-length white satin wrist-to-neck ribbons. They'll "t" at the wrist so they can be locked between the palm and ruffle of your lace gloves. A fourth overhead and face veil will also be used to bring you into a secluded world of white. You will be quite beautiful for females to see without seeing you."
Paula thought, just great! As if the skirts and veils weren't enough of a hindrance. He curtsied again and the light went off on the security camera.
Paula was disgusted with housework in bridal attire. It was bad enough when Gynarchy took over and he had to dress as either a Victorian woman or a 50s housewife, and keep his clothing clean and not wrinkled, but the bridal wife idea was way worse. Trying to hold back mountains of satin and tulle to clean the toilet, clean under the bed, and other low areas was hard to do. He was able to use a sheet to cover himself to dust in high places like ceiling fans and shelves. Even cutting grass with a pushmower was hard as he had to be careful not to get grass stains or clippings on his attire. It was also hard to change out of his five-inch stilettos and into his five-inch platform shoes for outside work. A fourth set of skirts and veils would really make things harder.
Paul was cleaning the kitchen when he heard Sandy.
"Good news Paula! Since you mentioned the problem of dust falling onto your gown and veils Jill spoke with the manufacturer and they will be coming up with a locking device to lock your veils in place so they don't slide off of your head, and every male bridal gown and veil set will have an extra ankle length veil to throw over your head to protect your clothing. You have become quite the model for Male Bridal Fashions. And right from home, within your own little satin and tulle world."
Paul thought, great, even more tulle to look through! How could he ever get things done? four veils and an over veil. At least he only had to wear that when dusting overhead.


© Copyright 2023 Novice Author (francinec at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2308680-Gynarchy-7-Bridal-Job