*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2308821-Crosstimbers-Code-of-Conduct
Rated: E · Article · Other · #2308821
Crosstimbers Code of Conduct
XTimbers-Consortium-Simple

Code of Conduct



We expect that all Affiliates of the Consortium agree to engage in civil discourse with other members of the Consortium and, as representatives of the Consortium, with members of Writing.Com. This Code outlines what these expectations mean and do not mean in practice.

1. Treat others as you wish to be treated. First of all, this means be kind, be patient, and show empathy. It means be honest as well, but also be respectful. It also means to follow Writing.Com rules and, in particular, the rules on ratings. All Affilates are adults, but not all have the same inclinations on content.

2. The Crosstimbers Author Consortium is a "brave place," where people are free to express thier artistic vision. It's also a "safe place" where people can be their authentic selves.

3. Assume the best in each other. Recognize the difference between intent and impact. Get clarification before assuming what another person meant or intended. Reflect before pressing enter on any forum post, review, or email. Don't respond in the heat of the moment.

4. Interact with others actively, with openness, and with empathy. Recognize that we are all here to learn and grow, including learning from each other.

5. Value diverse perspectives. In the art of writing, as with most things, there othen is more than one valid truth. Give others space to express their views. Seek out others with different points of view.

6. Be aware of your own biases, check your blind spots, and be mindful that we all have different experiences that inform our points of view.

7. Do not personalize disagreements. Obviously, this means no name-calling, but it also means using "I" statements and avoiding "You" statements. It's certainly okay to disagree with the substance of what someone is saying, but it's not okay to make demaining personal comments.

8. Work collaboratively and show support to others.

9. Be your authentic self and give space to others so they can do the same. Giving space means that everyone enters the Consoritum on an equal basis, without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age (although members must be at least 18), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, or status as a veteran. Members value the diversity other members bring to our community.

10. Strive to diffuse tense situations. Do not meet incivility with more incivility. Do not let hurt feelings linger. In any discussion, disagreements are both inevitable and healthy, but they should be resolved amicably and directly. Resolution doesn't mean winning or losing but can consist of agreeing to disagree.

© Copyright 2023 Max Griffin 🏳️‍🌈 (mathguy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2308821-Crosstimbers-Code-of-Conduct