*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2309948-Dilemma-at-the-4-way-stop
Rated: E · Monologue · Other · #2309948
A Grandma Lady figures out protocol at the 4-way stop.
Dilemma at the 4-way stop.
We all know don't we that when you come to a 4-way stop the guy on the right goes first. Unless the guy on the left got there first. And if turning left, wait your turn. Of course, there's always that guy in the big pickup truck with lots of decals and oversized tires who is 5'7'' and weighs 250 pounds. He thinks he is the 4-way stop policeman in charge of directing traffic. He waves his hand with that 'go ahead' motion. I'm afraid he'll get out of his truck and yell at me if I don't follow his directions instead of what I learned from the book I got from the driver license place. So, I get out of there.

The other day I came to a 4-way stop on a country back road. There were no other cars in sight, and the 4-way stop policeman in the big truck hadn't showed up for work yet. I didn't know what to do, so I just sat there. Waiting. I ordered pizza delivery in case the truck guy showed up or other cars pulled up to the stop sign. We could enjoy eating together as we discussed who gets to go first. I didn't get to eat any pizza though because a delivery vehicle pulled up on my right and waved his hand at me. I thought he must be subbing for the truck guy and was telling me to go ahead. I didn't want to get yelled at by him either, so I went on my way. Turns out he was a nice guy after all. I could see him in my rearview mirror still waving vigorously as I drove on down the road.


































© Copyright 2023 Daizy May (daizy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2309948-Dilemma-at-the-4-way-stop