*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2310008-Baby-9-and-the-Filth-Sucker
by MayDay
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #2310008
Baby 9 encounters a vacuum cleaner
I was sitting on the rug, playing, when it happened. A loud noise interrupted my play, and I look up to saw Teen 4 holding a long, blue device. The source of the noise. Hello! It's me again, Baby 9. In case you don't know of me, I'm an infant. Well...I'm starting to toddle around a bit, and I've grown a couple of teeth. It won't be long until my Toddler Ceremony. But until then, I'm Baby 9. And that holding the blue noise-maker is Teen 4, one of my best friends. And, every now and then, my enemy. Like right now. She's trying to replace me as the house noise-maker with that...machine! And what's more, it seems the noise-making machine is, along with hurting my eardrums, sucking up all the food crumbs and hairballs that I like to eat!

I crawled a bit toward Teen 4, then stood and walked the rest of the way. I yanked on her clothes.
"Hey!" I shouted. "Hey, turn that down please! In fact turn it off!"

Teen 4 just looked at me and smiled. I couldn't see why these people couldn't understand when I spoke to them! It's like they spoke a whole different language. Anyway, I couldn't stand it. I walked away, back to the rug. Then I turned back to the filth-sucker and Teen 4. They had followed me! The filth-sucker was at my feet, and I stepped away in surprise. I glanced at Teen 4 in shock. She was smiling. Why would she do something like this? She turned and walked away.

I followed her a lot after that, and every now and then the filth-sucker would press against my feet. Every time that happened, I would step away quickly with a grunt. But then, the filth-sucker did the unthinkable. It invaded my rug! How dare it! I gave Teen 4 a reproachful look and walked away. But all of the sudden, the noise stopped.

I looked back to see that the filth-sucker had stopped moving, stopped making any sound at all. And Teen 4 was kneeling next to it, wrapping a long, black, unmoving snake around one side of the filth-sucker. The filth-sucker's reign of noise was finally over! I walked up to Teen 4, who smiled at me and picked me up, holding me in one side while she steered the sleeping filth-sucker back to it's bed. Until next time, filth-sucker.
© Copyright 2023 MayDay (dayglow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2310008-Baby-9-and-the-Filth-Sucker