*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2310449-Not-The-Woman-I-Know
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Family · #2310449
Experience of a day in my life. Nothing could go wrong, right? :)
         The curtains reject the sun's hugs, leaving no contact with it. Birds sing a melody only to those who can hear. Its sweet chirps bring joy to my soul as my day begins.


         The kettle screeches in need of help as the fire burns its water-Ly fluids. I grab the kettle, pour it into my cup and allow the aroma of green tea fill the cracks of these walls, covering me from this murky world.


         My mother was out at work when I suddenly noticed the note stuck to the fridge.
                   "don't go to your friend's house, I want to talk to you after work."
I sigh; what a day. I cannot count how often she has shouted or physically hurt me. There were times when my mother let me off to school with scars, plumped bruises, and severe bleeding, but as naive as I am, she was still my mother, and even though she had decided one day to kill me, I will still love her.


         Keys clattered on the wooden floor. I watch in terror as I know the sudden storm prepare its thunder.
         I called my mother multiple times, yet there was no reply.
         As I walked in her direction, I called her.
         I look at her, furry in her eyes. What have I done? What have I done? What have I done?!


         A slap to my ear. Ringing filled my head. Am I going insane? Have I lost my mind? Has my mother lost her mind?


         These questions fueled my anger, but I had no right to go against. I heard droplets on the floor, vague hearing, vivid sight. My mother showed no mercy. A peaceful afternoon turned into a person's worst nightmare. A dream you cannot escape, a reality that was written under the stars for me.
         It then finally hit me. I am bleeding; my ears are bleeding! Oh, I have gotten insane. I should be dreaming, is what I thought, but no. No, no, no, my mother caused this, and from what I can say, I can no longer oversee this.


                   That was not my mother--a woman I have never seen.


© Copyright 2023 Justwritin (cocoa-powder at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2310449-Not-The-Woman-I-Know