*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2310483-Reflecting-on-2023-My-Art
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Essay · Experience · #2310483
A reflection on my art in this period, and my plans for the future.
         The year may not be over yet, but it’s coming close. I’ve only got one or two more images to upload, along with two commissions getting closure, so I think now is an appropriate time to post this journal.

         My previous journal had described what 2023 had been like for me regarding everything but my art and sex life. But now, the time has come to discuss it.

         Before beginning, here is a Google Drive link   to access all of my content. Just in case you need a reference.

What I Think of This Year

         Comparing it to 2022 (Onyx), it’s very hard to say if I’m happier with 2023 (Rose).

         Before addressing the art, this was without question the hardest year to deal with. Every other year had pitfalls. In 2018-2019, I was an absolute cunt. I was rude to others, and I tried way too hard to make others like my drawings. I am especially ashamed for my behaviour back then on both the Foot Fetish Booru site and my server; being 16-17 wasn’t an excuse. An explanation, but not an excuse. In 2020, my personal life was horrible, but it didn’t reflect in the drawing output. That was arguably the best year to many. 2021 didn’t have much remarkable, and 2022 had many of my drawings wiped throughout the summer.

         But this year? I mean, to lose one account is one thing. To lose two is just a painful kick to the gonads. At least there wasn’t too much on YouTube; in contrast, a lot of my older works had been on DeviantArt for years. All those comments removed, all those polls removed, many journals lost to time (like the PokéGirls stuff), ugh… Sincerely fuck this year. DeviantArt in general has just become a shittier platform over time. What is the motivation for having such strict moderation, especially when not everyone is treated the same?

         Really, I have drawn some of the more softcore content compared to others. Is it because I’ve drawn Pokémon girls or Nickelodeon girls being barefoot? If so, there are a lot more accounts the staff should be checking on.

         Regardless, 2023 leaves me both more and less satisfied than 2022. I’ll start with the disappointing stuff before concluding with the positives.

         Firstly, the literature output this year was bad. Ignoring commissions, I believe I only made six or seven stories. And considering two of them are very short, one dealing with urination, they didn’t have much appeal either. 2022 had a minimum of eleven stories, and I’d say many are superior.



         Toadette’s Story has had at least 21 chapters posted this year. I can’t compare this with 2021 or 2022 because the DeviantArt chapters are gone, but I do think the output should be increased. It boils down to two chapters per month, which is quite low. In reality, it should be one every single week (36 chapters per year). While I have the story planned out, much of it, I don’t write it as quickly as I should. I want to change this for 2024. Even if it means less illustrations, that shouldn’t be a bad thing; many of you readers engage in plenty of stories that don’t have a single illustration.

         And on that note, I need to do better with my Mario stuff. It’s hard for people to remain engaged when several months go by without updates. In 2020, there were at least two sets of images fairly close together. Then 2021 got nothing, 2022 ended with a Vivian update, and 2023 has another Vivian update. This is something I also want to rectify. It’s similar to Toadette’s Story; I have the ideas all there. It’s just needing the drive to push through.

         My last negative is that I need better character variety. Admittedly, this is a double-edged sword. What I’m really implying is that I need to draw more distinctly popular characters in order to have a chance at getting seen more. When you’re drawing, it’s pretty much just a game to hop on the latest trend. That actually applies to a lot of media. I’m not sure if I will commit to this angle or not (so many boring characters), but tactics do need to be taken that will gain me more eyes. After all, more eyes is a good thing. Well, to an extent, but that’s a whole other topic.

         On the plus side, there aren’t any drawings I dislike this year, like with 2022. So that’s a good thing. It’s not like Explosion Girl  , a drawing I only made out of frustrating spite. Everything that I’ve made this year, I like in some way.

         The difference in art quality isn’t strong between 2022 and 2023. That’s expected since my skills have overall increased compared to my ugly past. That said, there are more subtle touches that the 2023 art has compared to the 2022 art. For one thing, the character anatomy is tons better. It’d gotten decent in 2021, but we could still find the odd shoulders here and there. Now? I’d say my only weak point is still fingers, but they’re still an upgrade from before.

         There have also been more creative concepts this year. I mean, I put Link in clown attire while having him suck dick, all while Zelda slurps on his feet. In a similar vain, I had Rise and the protagonist from Persona 4 worshipping each other’s feet at the same time; and that was at a first-person POV, which was a challenge to handle.

         I drew a Digimon breastfeeding you, Lila Sawyer from Hey Arnold getting an interview, a three-way foot worship session between Sinnoh’s Pokémon trainers, Princess Zelda receiving a golden shower, and I even wrote about Sticks the Badger getting her butt fucked by a human. And the less said about Skyla from Pokémon, the better… Unless you’re me. I haven’t even mentioned all the stuff I’ve begun that’s getting pushed into 2024.

         It’s really easy to look my galleries and think I didn’t accomplish much this year compared to previous ones. But then I remember I made all those videos   while off DeviantArt, still pumped out several images for Toadette’s Story, collaborated with TheJesterMime   to make his works a million times better, and I still got out five art packs as opposed to two.

         My toe jam has gotten loads superior as well. Mmm… I love making it look so sickening. It’s just so gross yet delicious at the same time. It’s pretty much been the same since 2020, but now I know how to space particles out better, and I can really mush them into the foot for a grimier touch. I shall gladly wear my crown as the unofficial Queen of Toe Jam because nobody else is giving you guys those jammy hits.

         I also like my experimentation with the stink effects, almost making them look like a toxic fungus rising from the gooey toe cheese. It only applies to green, as it’s hard to make white look nasty under most contexts in my opinion. Nevertheless, isn’t it a lovely look?

Plans for 2024

         Next year is going to be disgusting in a variety of ways. Firstly, I want feet looking grimier than ever. It needs to be so that I’m the first artist you want to run to when you need your smelly-foot fix, if it’s not like that already. I’ve already got variants down path, but some of the filthier options like Dirty+Sweaty+Stinky need to be even viler. They need to strike both fear and seduction in your hearts. They need to be so cheesy that you feel your nose falling off.

         Though, the cleaner variants shall naturally co-exist. I won’t upset the order too much.

         But on top of that, I’ve got my own side fetishes I’d like to explore more in artwork. And I’d rather not keep them exclusively to sketches that remain uncoloured forever. Notable ones include: tongue kissing, breastfeeding, armpit licking, urine spraying, bondage and anal sex. I hate that I must dissolve the panic, but let me emphasise that these will not overtake the number of foot fetish drawings in my gallery. However, if I’m going to do them more, then there is going to be a drop in the number of foot drawings. It’s only natural. I can understand some people’s disappointment, but I’ve only got one life, and I’m not going to spend it only drawing foot fetish art. Hell, there is some safer art I’d love to draw as well, even if it gets less looks right now.

         I have to animate more. The issue is always time combined with colour. You may question how an animation can take so long, but consider that I am one person, and I like my animations to be rather high-quality. I give them several frames, I almost always shade them if there’s colour, and sometimes I include dialogue. There are shortcut techniques that I have learnt to speed up the process, such as resorting to the Japanese style of lip-syncing (one or two mouths max). But animations will continue to be the rare unicorns in my gallery. At least when you see them, you’ll be elated.

         I’m going to give you guys more incentive to spend your money, too. I love the concept of art packs, but my problem for the past two years has been inconsistent releases. For there to only have been seven packs throughout 2022 and 2023 is a huge problem. Granted, each of them has multiple drawings, as opposed to other artists’ which normally contain a single image. But nevertheless, you guys deserve better, and I need a stronger side hustle.

         An art pack will be released at least once per month. This ensures that you guys are never going through droughts for the highest-quality packs. To aide this, there will be more solo or two-image packs planned. No worries, as they will be priced appropriately, somewhere between $5-8 as opposed to the larger ones which will be $10-15 consistently moving forward.

         Literature-wise, I’m going to set a rule that I can’t start working on another story before I finish or scrap a previous one. I’m going to keep uploading them in English and Spanish, so the time will still be longer due to manually translating. But similarly to art packs, there will be an attempt to have at least one story per month. If a month is missed, at the very least, Toadette’s Story will have four chapters per month to take its place. That story has gotten diverse enough that it tackles almost every foot fetish theme, so it works out in a funny way.

         Now, onto the main thing you guys are interested in: the drawings. As I’d mentioned, I need more character variety, and that is going to be taken care of. I’m going to broaden my horizons with media exposure to be able to select characters better, firstly. There are already some cute ones in my head. But secondly, I’m going to involve more character interactions in my drawings.

         “Character interactions?” you ask.

         What I mean is that there have been too many drawings in my gallery with only one character. They’re effective; they clearly get the job done for most people. But it’s gotten to the point of being a tad too vanilla, ironically. There should be more foot worship action to really stimulate people.

         Let all those male-foot cowards shed tears as I draw guys pinned and worshipped by females.

         I kid, I kid. However, in addition to wanting to depict more foot worship scenarios (and with more creative angles), tickling needs some better depiction. After all, I cannot improve if I don’t try it more and more.

         Giant content… You know what? You guys stick to your corner of the Internet; you’ve got it all taken care of.

         Lastly, let’s get some more shoeplay in here. Flip-flops, slippers, stinky flats, all of them.

Least Favourite Works

         Hmm… This is a tough one, admittedly. I’m not going to include the sketches I’ve done (which remain to be posted to the cloud), just because they’re inherently quick jobs. But regarding my completed works, it’s difficult to choose a least favourite.

         I suppose I’m not crazy for Sky is a Bitch. This is a commissioned work, and I mean no respect to the commissioner when I say these next works. I simply couldn’t have given less of a fuck about Friday Night Funkin’ then, let alone now. I was pretty sick of seeing these Boyfriend and Girlfriend characters, kind of like when Undertale was trendy in the 2010s. It’s still not a bad drawing on my part, but the characters do nothing for me. I do find it also crazy that the fan characters are treated just like main characters, but that’s a side thing.

         If I had a runner-up, it would be Pearl’s Scent. If only because I think I could’ve done more with Pearl. She’s pretty much the only girl from Splatoon I really like, so I could’ve included something more than just smelling her sock. And as a commenter had pointed out in the past, the sock could be confused for part of her head. Again, not bad, but could be way better.
Pearl's Scent

Favourite Works

         Ooh boy… So much of this is so explicit that I genuinely cannot show it here. But I’m going to talk about all my favourites nonetheless.

         Firstly, I’m gonna cheat by including the sketches I can’t show. Skyla drinking a trainer’s piss through a long straw in a secret bathroom is the grossest thing I have ever done, bar none. It is absolutely disgusting, even in monochrome. And yet… I want to be there to relieve myself in her mouth. Really, I love the pose of the drawing, too, since it is just different than my norm. But to be fair, I also love the drawing where Aerith is getting a nice lemonade beverage from Cloud…

         Shockingly enough, I’ve actually grown to really enjoy Gaming Foot Party. There is always this weird feeling I can’t shake when people commission works with my avatar, but I’m always flattered by the gesture all the same. And this is a pretty unique drawing. Four characters, all huddled close together.

         Only thing inaccurate here is the implication that I’ll ever do badly at Mario Party. Try me. Mario Party 2, anyone? Mario Party 3? Hell, break out the lunch box and try me in Mario Party 7.

         I’m really satisfied with two of the lewder Digimon drawings I’ve made. Pissing on Mimi is exactly what it sounds like, and it’s another one with four characters. The lighting looks pretty cool, adding a bit of tension to the scene that goes away once they soak her. Mmm… And then there’s Feasting on Sweet Cake. That involves rimming, or ass-eating as we chocolate people dub it. Again, I cannot show it, but it is one of the more ambitious drawings I’ve done in my career. If only because I, like a jackass, decided that both the females and males should get turn on the receiving ends. But fuck me, it is yummy.

         Next up, Max’s Dress. I’m not going to risk showing it either, but if you love crossdressing boys, that piece is amazing. Really, more than Max looking like an absolute snack, I love the colour palette. I can’t describe the vibe it invokes, but it was 100% what I wanted during the development.

         Special mention to Toadette’s Story here since it contains illustrations. Oddly, my favourites from this year both stem from the same chapter. Chapter 41 begins with the main girls taking a rest day, cooling down after a hectic yesterday. In this calmer period, there are images of Minh T. watching TV and Toadette showing Captain Toad her breasts. Yes, she gets them sucked the fuck out.

         With the Minh T. image, I think it’s very much the lighting I love. I love playing with spotlight or beam effects such as what you can see, and it helps that she’s wearing flip-flops with sweaty feet. Funny how I took a random side character from Paper Mario and she ends up being one of my favourite reworks in general. Am I alone there?

         And while Toadette’s images are simpler, look at that cute pout in the beginning. I also enjoyed depicting her drowsy after being drained. It’s oddly very innocent despite her lactating.







         While there are so many others I can list, let’s narrow it down to my favourites. Firstly, Get a Hint. I think this is just the whole package. It’s got a character I’m nostalgic for, one I find very attractive, one whose personality is inherently great for dealing with my ideal foot fetish scenarios, and everything about that image just clicked together. It’s almost like lightning in a bottle. I made a later drawing with Strawberry Shortcake, Strawberry’s Shower Prep, and I love that one as well (especially the second part). But there’s something magical here that cannot be topped.

         That said, I have a new favourite for the year. I really thought it was gonna be that strawberry chick, but nope, it’s in fact a Pokémon.

         Before a Braixen’s Feet is the best drawing of the year in my opinion. Only this year have I developed an interest in actually breeding with these creatures, and Braixen is one of the best Pokémon design-wise. It’s a magic fox. Sure, not better than a cute spinning panda or precious waddling penguin, but being magic and a fox just does wonders for me.

         I made more variants for it, gave it more to do with a voice than with Strawberry Shortcake, and what really steals the show for me is the toe jam. I cannot stress enough how much of a freak I am for that mucky grime, and in the Sweaty+Stinky variant, I feel like I need to go down on those digits. Just engulf them in my mouth ‘til the jam melts like butter… And plus, I drew that special white stuff all over the Braixen’s feet, whereas Strawberry Shortcake’s remain untainted.

         Combined with my preference for sunsets, everything about that image works fantastic for me. I think I did that Pokémon justice.



Conclusion

         2023 is a mixed bag of a year, but it’s still way more positive. I don’t like what happened to me regarding platforms. I also believe I still need better character variety, more drawing variety, and a tighter work habit because you guys deserve better. I am going to work on that in 2024, and we will advance this fucking Mario story on a regular basis. Endless delays make you irrelevant.

         If you want some ideas of what I’ve started on for that year, including what my new look will be, you should then purchase the new Gumroad pack  . At least the smallest version ($4), as it’ll give you a decent idea.

         Until next time. After December, January will be a tranquil yet empty month (sans Toadette’s Story), so get excited for the late Jan/early Feb period. Adiós.
© Copyright 2023 VanillaSoftArt (vanillasoftart at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2310483-Reflecting-on-2023-My-Art