*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2310478-Early-Crushes-I-Had
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Essay · Experience · #2310478
A discussion of the various crushes I had when growing up.
         Years ago, I’d made comments that the concept of having “crushes” on characters from fictional media always seemed silly to me. But in the present, I know that was me trying to look cooler by just being different from others. After all, it’d be a total lie to admit I didn’t like any characters that way growing up.

         Especially at a young age, it’s very normal to find characters attractive romantically. Maybe not sexually, but that’s going to happen later once puberty begins. It all mixes together in the end. And even if you’re an adult with your “waifus” (I hate reading this term), who am I to say you’re stupid for liking characters so? I only find it to be an issue when you’ve an unhealthy obsession with a fictional character. For example, there is nothing wrong with dreaming about Videl and collecting a bunch of merchandise with her in it, especially if your life operates smoothly. It’s different when you bring her up in conversations that have nothing to do with romance topics, you act aggressively anal about people who don’t like her, or you send death threats to artists who draw her in a style you don’t like.

         I’d say my crushes have been rather tame. Nowadays, I don’t really get into this much. It’s cool to fantasise about certain characters—that’s nearly a daily event—but I’m equally as focused on my own personal life to not be bothered. Even currently being single, I’m healthy mentally.

         With that out the way, I want to discuss the various characters I have had feelings for when I was a child. Let’s say characters I’ve liked before I was 13, so pre-2015.

         But before beginning, there is one more thing to mention. Not everyone has good reasons for liking characters. Some of my reasons here are going to be farfetched, or they’ll have no deep explanation. That is okay. I’m certain that many of you can relate. It is only an issue if you want to argue a character is genuinely good, and you need to bring up valid points. How hard they turn you on isn’t a good point. I’m going to list some bad characters that I still liked.

         Without further ado…

June from Little Einsteins
This is how we’re beginning, folks. Back in the 2000s, Nickelodeon and Disney Channel would air media aimed at preschoolers until around 12 o’clock in the afternoon. It was highly annoying during the summer, but when you were a very little kid with no school, you didn’t mind at all.

         Little Einsteins was one of those shows I happened to watch on Disney Channel. At this point, I’m ranging from two to five, roughly. There was no sexual bone in my body with these characters. I just knew that I found the girls attractive. Every kid has crushes, despite some not wanting to believe that.

         There were only two girls in the show: Annie and June. Annie was… She was a character, alright. Her design got the job done, but it wasn’t too special to me. However, there was something about June’s design that I liked immediately. And no, not the fact that her name is the month of my birthday.

         She kind of foreshadows one trait I find very attractive later, namely having darker hair. Nothing against those with lighter hair, but I’ve generally found darker to be more attractive.

         I can’t recall enough of the show to remember if or how she was different from Annie personality-wise. But physically, she looked cute back then and… Well, age her up by a good amount of years, and I’d still think she’d look cute.

Princess Daisy from Super Mario
Being born in the 2000s, our initial Nintendo consoles were the GameCube and Game Boy Advance. So, we had a failure of a system and a great success, best of both worlds.

         We played Mario Party 7 and Mario Kart: Double Dash a lot, so I am not certain which game left the stronger impression on me regarding Daisy. My cousins also owned Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour and extra Mario Party titles, so maybe that entire period just gave me Daisy exposure. In any case, this was before that thing existed… That blonde, creepy, boring space thing…

         I’d always liked Daisy more than Peach. As a kid, I think certain things are less likely to annoy you. Whereas so many adults complain about Daisy’s voice to this day (especially rampant in the 2010-2020 YouTube era), I never minded it. She sounded a lot more human than Peach, who sounded like she was always strained when talking. Plus, past her voice, Daisy was a million times more attractive than Peach. It wasn’t just the darker hair; I think I liked the chubbier facial features a bit more than Peach’s average proportions.

         If I wasn’t using Mario or Yoshi or Toad in the games, I was using Daisy. Back then, I’ll admit, I felt ashamed to use a female character. Miami Florida culture, that’s all you need to know about how I was raised. But, years later, Daisy is now my default if given the choice. Well, so long as she doesn’t play worse.

         Daisy was one of the first fictional characters whose feet I fantasised about heavily. Sure, I liked June, but with Daisy, my mind was constantly figuring out what her feet looked like. I imagined they were incredibly soft because of how her skin looked in the games; maybe that CRT blur affected a few things. But then I thought about what her toenails would be like. True, she likes being active a lot more than Peach, but does that mean that she doesn’t want to paint her nails? Maybe instead of only having them unpainted, she paints them orange or black. And as a princess, would she make a servant kiss her feet as a sign of loyalty and respect? Would she need daily foot rubs because of wearing heels all the time?

         Because of how many ideas she got rolling through my brain, you can say she was a pretty large figure in my life. As large as a fictional figure can get.

         Originally, I imagined her having clean feet. After all, what princess is going to go out with stinky feet? It’s impure. It’s indecent. On top of that, it reflects poorly on the princess’ hygiene to have feet that are sweaty or stinky. It’s only later on in my years where I envision her having garlic-scented feet.

         And I did have a thing where I envisioned her forcing herself onto me sometimes… It would specifically involve kissing, like applying lipstick and then leaving marks all over my face. You’d be surprised just how many kids, of either gender, fantasise about stuff like that from characters.

Vivian from Super Mario
Vivian… Jesus fucking Christ. As time has gone on, this character has bothered me ever so slightly more. I’ll be quick; in a nutshell, her uncensored portrayal is handled poorly. It’s no secret she’s trans in all but the English/German versions of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (or crossdressing, it’s really not clear). But not only is it just an out-of-nowhere thing used as an insult, but the game doesn’t even care about it. She’s constantly called “he” in menus and by Goombella, so it’s treated like a joke or as if she really is a freak. Consider that Japan, like other places, just considers a man in woman’s attire funny. And with modern cultural standards for this stuff having changed dramatically… Yeah…

         However, the bright side about this is that it’s such an unimportant detail that it doesn’t affect TTYD at all. Look, male or female, this character is the exact same.

         I like magic. I’ve never hidden that about myself. I don’t believe in real life magic outside of illusions, but it’s a fantastical element that has always intrigued me. In a way, I think it’s why I’ve always liked Disney. The very concept of magic simply fascinates me. Therefore, Vivian’s status as a witch and/or mage was bound to endear me to her.

         Helping matters is her actual design. Admittedly, I never knew if that pink on her head was meant to be an eyeball or cheek (it is clearly a cheek now), but it didn’t matter. She has such a lovely colour palette, with a mostly cool body yet warm accents (hat and hair). Having her eyes covered by her hair and hat was a smart decision, as it does leave a bit of mystery. In a sexual setting, you can envision seeing her eyes as the ultimate form of connection between you two.

         And character-wise, what was there to hate about her? She was too nice for her own good. It genuinely surprises me how many people loved mean characters as a child, as I always found them incredibly annoying or uncomfortable to imagine getting kinky with. Fortunately, most the Paper Mario fanbase seems to unite in liking Vivian. We don’t see anyone getting hyped for Beldam.

         Fantasies with Vivian honestly never involved her feet. Not one bit. Can you blame me when the lady has no feet? What I would imagine is living with her underneath the shadows; similarly to Daisy, many of the fantasies revolved around heavy kissing. Considering I used to have a fear of the dark, I’m a bit surprised I often imagined us making out in complete darkness.

Mimi from Super Mario
Another Paper Mario character here, this time from Super Paper Mario. Similarly to Vivian, Mimi has powers, though they’re not strictly magical. Though, maybe they are? They’re mostly about transformations and impersonations. That’s not as exciting as manipulating flames, but it is nevertheless a memorable element of her character.

         I was not big on SPM’s art style, as it looked too geometric for my liking. That said, Mimi’s design was great despite those constraints. She was especially cute when angry. In fact, she’s one of the few explicitly rude or evil characters who I found really attractive. Probably because she comes off as so ineffective, that she’s more like a failure at a bully than a 100% bully.

         That spider scene, too… I won’t lie that it’s disturbing as fuck, but I’m still attracted to her all the same. I was then, and I am right now.

         Never thought of her feet either then.

Toad and Toadette from Super Mario
I’m lumping these two together because they’re so similar. Starting with Toad (the character), he’s cute. I don’t care if he sounds like Marge Simpson starting in Super Mario Advance. When I was young, I wanted to hug and kiss him so hard.

         Toadette would’ve left a stronger impression if she’d appeared in more games. I think Toad had the benefit of being based off a default species design, so even when not seeing the character, you technically see him everywhere. Whereas Toadette only ever appeared in spin-offs, not debuting in the main series until I was old enough to need to shave.

         I loved Toadette for similar reasons, just for being so adorable. On top of that, having her as a tutorial character in TTYD (which interestingly gave her different names for the only time in her life in PAL countries) was adorable. See? That was awesome back then, throwing a named Mario side-character into Paper Mario. I guess they do it now with Kamek and Bowser Jr, but eh… They’re so generic.

         Both Toads got major use for me in Mario Party 7 growing up, especially during 8P mode. Oddly, Toad and Toadette were locked in Double Dash, so I never knew they were in the game until several years later. And while I didn’t use Toad much in Super Mario Advance (Super Mario 2 on GBA), nowadays, he’s my main when not using Luigi.

         I liked both Toad and Toadette as partners for me and as partners for each other. Yeah, I shipped them. I liked them to the point where when I wrote truly horrible fanfiction, I uploaded a drawing to DeviantArt where they were converted from Toads to humans. Don’t have it anymore (this was around 2014), but it’s like a nice precursor to what I do nowadays.

         Though, at least now I respect their race. Back then, I just removed everything and made them fully human. Now, they’ve still got the caps and lack of ears in my style.

         Mac from Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends
Nowadays, this is where I see such a comical split of opinion between myself and the rest of the Internet. Everyone loves Frankie, but I never cared for this character much. Never hated her, to be fair, but she just didn’t stick out to me as particularly attractive. Mac, however…

         I’d have a hard reason justifying any attraction personality-wise. It was mainly looks with this character. I simply found him precious, especially when coked up on sugar. Didn’t matter one bit if his head was shaped like a box.

Lil Deville from All Grown Up
Before continuing, can we talk about that title? It never made any sense to me. All Grown Up? These fools were in middle school. That’s not even considered the beginning of being grown for many.

         Anyways, there isn’t much I can say about Lil because I don’t remember the show well. But for whatever reason, while this show was on, I just had this small crush on her. I’d think about rubbing her feet often, or even something a bit extreme like her stepping on me hard. That element likely stemmed from her more sportsy nature shown at times, almost like a less annoying Lynn Loud. Plus, she was barefoot a number of times, so I got a good impression of her feet.

         I imagined them being clean more often than anything. If you’ve noticed, that’s just how I was back then. Even though I personally liked sweaty feet most, I just assumed most characters would have their feet very pristine.

         Surprised I didn’t like Kimi more, but I remember her annoying me more in the show.

         Of the Rugrats cast, credit to both Phil and Lil, as they transitioned the best of the kids. There’s no bad upgrade for anyone, but Lil in particular sticks out as a great transition to looking older. I never noticed that one strand of hair changing colour all the time, though. Personally, I like it most when it’s pink. In fact, I like how her hair is overall messier in the series when it’s long.

         That’s kind of a thing I’ve embraced more, but certainly liked back then. While it looks less professional, I actually like messier hair more. It just feels better.

Tails from Sonic the Hedgehog
Despite having so much knowledge of the Sonic series, and having played most the games, it’s important to recall that I entered the series relatively late. I didn’t play a game until 2009 with the SD version of Sonic Unleashed. Before that year, my only exposure to Sonic was via Sonic X. I had no idea the franchise was so big or beloved.

         But Sonic X is the point of discussion here for this reason. It is not a good show, but it is one I am intensely nostalgic for. And while watching it, there was one animal character who I really liked: Miles “Tails” Prower.

         This is a shock to some. After all, wouldn’t Amy be my favourite character? Well, no. I like Amy, but in Sonic X, her portrayal is abysmal. That’s one of the reasons the show isn’t good; it butchers so many of the characters’ personalities from the games. Even not having played the games, they were just unpleasant in the show. Sonic was often sleepy and/or uncaring, Amy was the nastiest cunt in town, Cream was useless, etc. Tails came out relatively unharmed; I can count the number of bad character moments with him on one hand, whereas the others need my feet.

         Unlike some, I never had that gender confusion where they thought Tails was a girl. No, it was very obvious to me, especially with them saying “he” all the time. But that is pretty cool in itself, huh? You might’ve noted by now with a few past entries. Even being a boy and growing up in an area where “gay” was a swear word, I still found myself attracted to Tails more than the females. His design still enchants me to this day, though it’s very hard to describe why. He seems to have this effect on many, as so many who hate males always like making exceptions for Tails. He’s like the Sonic version of Link from Zelda.

         Fantasy-wise, again, I didn’t think of his feet that often. In that respect, Amy got more curiosity out of me. Tails was just the character I’d have loved to spend a lot of time with. He was like the BFF I never had.

         And to this day, I do hold a soft spot for Amy Palant’s voice. I acknowledge the later Tails voices are superior, but this scratchier one will always be the default for me.

Cosmo from Sonic the Hedgehog
Remember when I said Sonic X was my first exposure to the franchise? Well, I missed many episodes. As a kid, we didn’t have DVR, so we had to catch things live. You guys can be nostalgic for waking up early in the morning to catch your programs, but for me, this was hell. I missed so many episodes, which prevented me from watching many story-driven shows like Avatar: The Last Airbender.

         Sonic X was no different. I missed most of the SA1 arc and most of the SA2 arc, somehow. The only bit of the SA2 arc I remember seeing as a kid was Amy breaking Sonic out of Prison Island. Yet somehow I watched the show’s most infamous season from start to finish.

         The Metarex Saga is largely considered awful. While written by the Japanese staff, and having a Japanese dub, it was the only season written with a western audience in mind. It’s similar to how Shadow the Hedgehog (game) was meant to cater to the west, by people who didn’t get that we liked Sonic’s Asian touch. In short, this season has a lot of weak points in the writing, especially since it’s 100% original as opposed to adapting things from the games.

         That said, I’ll forever have a soft spot for it. I’m a sucker for space travel and planet hopping, it still involves most the Sonic cast I care about, and Chris was improved just because his friends weren’t around. Plus, there was a certain character added who gave Tails competition in the way of attractiveness. Funny how that works, huh?

         I liked Cosmo a lot. She was not only more humanoid than the others, but she was an attractive female who wasn’t an absolute headache. I didn’t find Rouge attractive, Cream sounded like a granny, and I’ve expressed how bad Amy was handled. But Cosmo? Some find her bland, and I can’t argue with that. But at the time, I found her calmer and almost stoic nature a much-needed break from the insane females.

         And she’s so cute. That can’t be understated.

         Because of her appearance, I did find myself fantasising about her feet more than Tails’. I imagined they were clean, largely because she was plant-related. After all, we were taught in school that plants help to keep the air fresh. Heh… Nowadays, knowing that things like the rafflesia exist, I can more easily envision Cosmo with smellier toes. But back then, no, her feet were clean as if she’d stepped out of a shower. I can remember this vividly. Narrow toes, unpainted nails, fairly dainty feet on the whole. I also imagined the inside of her shoes smelling like good flowers.

         I felt so hurt when they had to kill her in the end, and then having the knife further driven into my back by learning she was never in the games.

Sora from Kingdom Hearts
When I was introduced to Kingdom Hearts in mid-to-late 2007 (age five), there were only four games out, and only three in North America: Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts II. Overseas, Japan already had Re:Chain of Memories for PlayStation 2.

         I was immediately drawn to the series because of the elements merging. I wasn’t the most knowledgeable about Square Enix in that year, but I was highly knowledgeable about Disney. For there to be a video game that seemed to take itself more seriously, along with not just being a generic platformer, why, it was my dream come true. I worked backwards, starting with Kingdom Hearts II and ending with Kingdom Hearts.

         Though Sora is the same character throughout that trilogy, it is his initial design which I’d fallen in love with. I can’t put into words how cute he still looks. On a physical level, he’s a great protagonist, not looking too aggressive like some other Japanese RPG characters; that’s pretty much my preference, if it hasn’t been clear already. Additionally, since this was all before Dream Drop Distance, he hadn’t yet turned into a complete dunce. In the first game, he’s a little goofy, but he’s smart. The few awkward moments he have just feel like those: awkward moments. It’s not like later games where he’s a lot more exaggerated and stupid, in the worst ways (like a typical syônen protagonist).

         Now, onto the feet specifically… Characters in Kingdom Hearts all have gigantic feet. I’m not sure why, but it’s a design element that continues to this day, albeit maybe a touch scaled back. As a kid, I constantly envisioned licking Sora’s soles while he’s relaxing on Destiny Islands or in Traverse Town. Given his type of shoe, boots or sneakers, and the amount of action he gets into, he’s a sweaty boy. Since the beginning, I’ve preferred sweaty feet to clean feet, so this was a bonus.

         Relating to his design, this was one of the more annoying things growing up, and it still is at the time of writing. A lot of Kingdom Hearts fan artwork that featured Sora barefoot were centred on the Kingdom Hearts II designs. Sora actually wasn’t the only one hit with this; Kairi, Riku and Naminé were often depicted in the KH2 outfits as well. The reason is obvious: whereas the KH1/COM proportions are more toonish, the KH2+ proportions are far more realistic. One could argue Kairi still looks like a little girl in KH1, whereas in one year with KH2, she transformed into a late teen.

         However, while I understood this, it was irritating as fuck. I just wanted to see Sora barefoot in his original look. The KH2 style is awesome; on a coolness factor, it easily beats the KH1 look thanks to all that black. But on the cuteness scale, where I get more arousal, KH1 Sora was the only one I could accept.

Kairi from Kingdom Hearts
You can’t have Thing 1 without Thing 2. Kairi is a horrible character, and she was horrible in the classic Kingdom Hearts days as well. There is a good reason fans often shipped Sora with Riku; it’s easy to forget she exists past KH1, and even within that game, she’s dead for most of it.

         That said, I couldn’t help but be attracted to her like I was with Sora. I was more attracted in a way, just because she was a girl.

         There isn’t much to add about her that I haven’t said about Sora foot-wise. Though, I will note that Kairi’s original shoes were a good tease. They’re cut so low that it’s obvious she isn’t wearing any socks. And considering those are closed-toed shoes, there are only two options. One, she scrubs a bunch of paopu-scented lotion into her feet so that they smell good 24/7. Or two, her feet stink good 24/7. I always envisioned them accumulating a lot of shoe grime because of the lack of socks.

         Similarly to Sora as well, it was her original design that captured my heart. Though at least she had better luck getting that version drawn compared to KH1 Sora. I’m sorry, but back then and even to this day, I did not like the KH2 makeover. It has more adult-like proportions, but it lost all sense of character. Kairi just doesn’t feel as fun in KH2, and that’s on a personality level, too. The less said about her basic boots, the better.

Naminé from Kingdom Hearts
I promise, this is the last character from these games. Naminé made her debut in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. Though, more people know her from Kingdom Hearts II, which is a shame. I really hate Tetsuya Nomura and Square Enix’s decision to make COM a GBA game, as so many were introduced to a worse version of Naminé if sticking to the PS2.

         She doesn’t do much in KH2 outside of the intro, and even then, she starts off as vague as the rest of the game. But in COM, she’s essentially manipulated by Organisation XIII to corrupt Sora and co.’s memories. Admittedly, I don’t see how they were anywhere close to convincing Sora to be “their puppet”, but that was the plot. And let me tell you, Naminé has more substance in that one game than Kairi has had in her lifetime.

         While I liked Kairi more than Naminé originally, it had gradually begun to shift to preferring Naminé. Kairi has a more striking design, but Naminé’s is no slouch either. Remember when Nobodies looked different from their original forms in the lore? Naminé may just wear a Glad trash bag and some sandals, but that’s all she needs. I think her design is a case of simple but beautiful. Or simple and clean, if you will.

         I always envisioned her having somewhat dirtier feet due to the sandals. And this was before the middle school incident where I learnt just how dirty sandals could really make feet. It just made sense; with less protection, there’s more dust and grit that can get trapped under the soles. And being able to see her feet in the games gave me a good idea of their size, more than plenty of other characters.

         On top of that, it was pretty much a hard-fast rule that she wouldn’t have nail polish. Kairi might’ve worked with some, but Naminé worked best when she was all natural.

         Interestingly, you can attribute my first orgasm to Naminé, as it happened while reading a story of Naminé giving a footjob to Roxas. I had no idea what “cum” meant, but I kept rubbing my body against that couch until something occurred. Once it did, nothing came out my body, but it twitched. I couldn’t explain what happened. I just knew I wanted to experience it again.

         Yes, she is quite a special witch.

Terra from Final Fantasy VI
Also known as Final Fantasy III if referring to the North American SNES localisation. Found that out the hard way when I pirated the game.

         I’d be lying if I said Terra, the protagonist, was a deep character. The game itself has a story I like, but it is very much carried by all the characters who aren’t Terra. So, why did I find myself attracted to her?

         To start, she has a really nice design. If you look at all the Amano artwork, or even the later works handled by other artists, she leaves a pretty strong impact. I like the clothing in particular, something just gives me this childish and innocent vibe. A shame her in-game sprite, like Kefka, doesn’t reflect this at all. And plus, design-wise, she looks pretty adorable in her Esper form. Depending on the style, I guess.

         But you have to recall what I talked about with Vivian. What do her and Terra have in common? That’s right, magic.

         Magic in Final Fantasy VI is different from much of the rest of the series. In those worlds, magic is seen as a powerful but normal element. But in Final Fantasy VI, it’s considered special if you have magic; a lot of the cast relies on weapons, and the game is overall more steampunk than pure fantastical environments. Some aren’t a fan of this change, but I enjoy it, and Terra being one of the few magical beings just means it’s easier to focus on her.

         Personality-wise, she’s shy. And she’s nice. That’s about it, but as established, that’s pretty much enough for me as long as I like other elements of the character.

Riley from The Replacements
You think the 2010s was bad with how many meh shows just came and went? No, our generation had this too. I remember fuck all about The Replacements on Disney Channel, other than really liking the daughter character’s design. I couldn’t tell you if it was a good show or a bad show. It just kind of existed, there was a talking car, and that’s it.

         There was a period where I really liked Riley, foot fantasies included, but then that dropped off some point later. Not much more to add.

Isabella from Phineas and Ferb
I’m not looking up this taco-head’s last name. I always liked that Hispanic culture keeps both family names, but it makes it hard to remember at times.

         I’m sure many thought about Candace more than anyone else, but growing up, I was a bit obsessed with Isabella. She’s traditionally cute, she’s got darker hair, there you go. But more than that, I can admit I liked her one-way crush on Phineas. I’m not sure exactly how often one-way crushes are depicted in animated western shows, specifically with females lusting after males, but when it’s done, it can be poor. Hey Arnold’s Helga comes to mind (fuck her), and I’ve heard bad things about Miraculous Ladybug.

         But here, Isabella respects boundaries. She’s obsessive over this boy, but she’s not that creepy about it.

         Oddly, when fantasising of myself with her, it was usually another member of the Fireside Girls involved as well. Whichever one has the glasses, I don’t know. I’m gonna guess her name is Gretchin, that just sounds right. If getting their feet licked was a mission for these girls, I’d have been happy to volunteer.

Yui Hirasawa from K-ON!
Yui is precious… Yeah, about all there is to that. I mean, I like the character, but it’s hard to come up with a specific reason. I just really like her. I remember relating to her a lot with her habit of eating a lot and not gaining much weight, as I used to be similar. I say “used to” because I have put on some more recently. That could just be because I’ve exercised less, which I need to fix.

         I will say, I’ve always loved her attire for “Don’t Say Lazy”. I’ve always wanted to dress like that in real life.

         Funnily, I liked Yui most despite her having the weakest singing voice of the group. Well, it was between her and Ritsu. And as I write this, I’m remembering how her voice was dried the fuck out in the show after practising for so long. Rewatching it recently, that made me laugh out loud. Cutie sounded like she was gargling boulders.

         Seems Ritsu is the more popular of the girls sexually, which I get. But she’s that type of character who impedes progress more than she helps, so she’d get on my nerves way more. Azusa is a very close runner-up to Yui, though. Same amount of cuteness with a good touch more maturity.

Dawn from Pokémon
I’ve explained my history with Pokémon, but for a short recap, I didn’t beat any of the games until last year. I also didn’t grow up watching the show like so many others did. The only portion I did watch was the beginning of Diamond and Pearl: The Series.

         And it goes without saying, Dawn left an impression on me. It helps that you see her barefoot a good number of times (like doing her hair in the tent), but she came off as likeable to me. As established, with so many bitches out there, someone being remotely nice is already doing themselves favours. It also helped that she had some of the most precious Pokémon, such as Piplup, Buneary and (later) Aipom. It’s like how some people are more likely to get with someone if they see they’re with a well-cared pet.

         Not much to comment about her character specifically, but give the Internet major props around 2010. Even then, they know how to give major Pokémon humans loads of sexual images, including those of feet. Dawn had so many, my afternoons were spent browsing a buffet of her feet. Personally, I preferred seeing her with black nails over blue or unpolished nails.

         One of the most vivid images I recall is one of her and May together, playing with each others’ feet. Style looks a bit off in retrospect, but it’s nevertheless nostalgic. I swear, though I already had the fetish, this is almost a way people get indoctrinated into this amazing world. They start at the tamest images, which are very easy to get to with a simple search like “Pokémon Dawn Feet”. Then as they notice the feet more and more, it starts to overwhelm them and become a new love. Some can handle this newfound power, while it breaks many others. I’d say I came out on the good side, having given you guys some nice content throughout the years.

Mimi from Digimon
Like Pokémon, I did not have much experience with Digimon. Hell, I had less. To this day, I’ve not read a comic, played a game, watched an episode, nothing.

         But this says a lot for Mimi’s design, as once I discovered her on the Internet, I remember going through a rabbit hole of just staring at her. It started off with me preferring the pink-hair look (not sure what the context is), but in the present, I’m about that brown-haired appearance. Mmm… Saw a decent number of foot drawings with this beauty. I didn’t know what the hell a Tai was, what a Sora was, or what any of these freakish monsters were. Digimon might as well have been named “Mimimon”.

         This is easily the most shallow crush I’ve had. But hey, don’t we all have things like that? Currently, whichever character is trending on the Internet tends to qualify for most of you.

Princess Bubblegum from Adventure Time
Growing up in this CN era, I preferred Regular Show to Adventure Time. Despite seemingly aiming older, its sense of humour and overall universe just appealed to me more. But it was like comparing Coca-Cola to Pepsi, as both were good.

         Within Adventure Time, there was only ever one character who turned me on from the very start. Bubblegum. Disclaimer, I have not watched Adventure Time to the end, nor did I watch every episode when I did see it. I hear she gets pretty sketchy in later seasons with her behaviours.

         That said, she was too cute for me to resist. Though everyone in Adventure Time can easily look cute with the simpler faces, there was something about her I liked a lot more than Marceline. Maybe it was really enjoying her pink palette and the fact that her hair was actually edible. But I think an amplifying factor was her science nature.

         See, normally in animated shows (regardless of country), princesses seem to only have one interest, and that’s governing. Or if they like something, it’s a very traditionally feminine thing, like playing with dolls. So having Bubblegum both be a princess and scientist interested me a lot more.

         And heck, when you get into kinkier fantasies, there’s a lot that can go on when messing with a potentially-crazy scientist.

Gumball Watterson from The Amazing World of Gumball
I don’t have much to say here. Except that Gumball is better than Nicole. He’s cuter.

         Well, I can add a little more. This show was very weird. I liked it in the beginning, but with all the different art styles characters adopted, almost none of them turned me on in any way. There were no humans, Penny was a peanut, Masami was a cloud, etc. I’m not surprised I ended up liking Gumball’s design the most. Being the main character helps screentime-wise, but he’s also just adorable to look at. It’s worth nothing this was especially true at the show’s start, where the Watterson’s eyes were completely different. They used to be more vertical than strictly circular.

         Similarly to Tails, I didn’t ever think of his feet. I noted he was barefoot in-universe, but that was it. Kind of reflects how I treated animal characters at this point in my life. While I liked them, the concept of them having properly human feet in my fantasies just wasn’t a thing quite yet. Not for most of them.

         Contrast that to today, where I’m able to give anything feet if I want.

Conclusion
There are many characters that I’ve likely missed, but we can’t tackle them all here. Plus, I can’t remember every single character who I’ve liked. Hopefully you all found this interesting.

         If you’ve noticed a pattern, it’s that I tended to prefer characters around my age at the time of liking them. There were exceptions, such as Daisy, Vivian, Terra and Bubblegum, but they were just that—exceptions. That’s simply how my brain operated. Whereas many often only fantasised about the adults, I just liked characters who could potentially get with me in the real world.

         Nowadays, it’s kind of like that still. I notice more adult characters, and I tend to age characters up to the mid or upper teen half more than I did in 2018-2020. However, I still find plenty attractive within the lower half, just not really developing crushes like I would back then. For that to happen, I have to almost work on them myself to either flesh them out more or mould them into something I prefer. Some may call that character assassination, and fair enough, but it’s how I roll.
© Copyright 2023 VanillaSoftArt (vanillasoftart at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2310478-Early-Crushes-I-Had