*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2310497-NOT-HOLD-ON
by guivas
Rated: E · Monologue · Emotional · #2310497
The enchantment of a past love.
NOT HOLD ON

Drop it, let it go, don’t hold on.

Advice from the experts on feelings, suggesting to build an eraser into the soul to vanish that which once enlarged our meaning of existence.

Drop it, let it go, don’t hold on.

Concepts implying that the feeling of a past love is still tied to us, caged, and that having it there hurts us if the one who woke it up is away and maybe never comes again.

Drop it, let it go, don’t hold on.

But if we already lived it, if we enjoyed what made our hearts race, why pretend that our own heart ignores what made it vibrate, as if it had never happened?

Drop it, let it go, don’t hold on.

If that’s still there, if we feel it, is because it has never wanted to go, or because dismissing it is beyond our rational will, because it is still valuable to us and we do not want those wonderful and persisting feelings disappear like ashes in the wind.

Drop it, let it go, don’t hold on.

The damage it can do to us is not because the feeling exists in us. If it makes us suffer is because perhaps we want the bearer of our love to return to us, and that is not possible, because it does not depend on our desires but on the feelings of our loved one, feelings of which we are no longer a part. And there we should drop it, let it go, don’t hold on.

When we don't really need it, the feeling will go away, and we won't realize it. It will not leave any void. We won't miss it.


© Copyright 2023 guivas (diferido at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2310497-NOT-HOLD-ON