*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2311622-The-Next-NEXT-Wednesday
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2311622
An inner dialogue regarding a mixed opinion
The Next NEXT Wednesday


I was told to wear this red cap and be on this bench at 1:00 p.m. today.
It was today's date. I am pretty sure it was today's date. Maybe I should ask somebody?
No.
I was told to sit here and not get up for any reason. If I hadn't been here when they arrived, the deal would be off, and there would be no second chances.
Oh, for the love of Mary and Joseph, what did I get myself into? Maybe they are spies or terrorists and want me to give them national secrets.
Are these the ones walking toward me? They look so ordinary. Is that a gun in their hands? They're going to shoot me!
Oh, thank the stars! It was a cell phone. And they looked like Trappist Monk. I knew it all along. Or are they?
Here comes a little girl without her mommy or daddy. I wonder where they are. Or is she wired with explosives and is going to hug me and blow me up, and that is why they wanted me sitting in the open? What an evil, twisted demon child.
She was a silly little girl running to Nanna by the other bench. What a sweet little girl.
What a beautiful day. The sun is shining, and not a cloud in the sky. The sun is so warm on my face. Ptui-ptui! I hate birds. Especially the ones that poop.
Let's think about something pleasant while I wait. How about Spring? The flowers, trees getting their leaves, spring showers, birds (no birds), and outside sports. Of course, I can't be outside for long with my allergies, especially around trees with flowering buds, flowers, or any sports. I can read inside with the windows closed and the curtains shut so the sun doesn't get me too hot.
I am positive it was today's date when they were supposed to meet me here. I can remember the conversation like it was last Tuesday because it was. "Be there Wednesday wearing the red cap, don't be late." I knew they meant this Wednesday because they didn't say next Wednesday. That would have meant the following Wednesday as in the next day.


368 words








© Copyright 2024 J.R. PETE (jtpete86 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2311622-The-Next-NEXT-Wednesday