*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2311444-How-to-get-to-Sesame-Street
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Satire · #2311444
Using Of Mice and Men, create a story using all the incorrect information.
         How to Get to          Sesame Street?
         
         
THEME 4: WRONG ANSWERS ONLY
January Book Title: OF MICE AND MEN
(This is being told as a story - there is no separate dialogue)


After a severe cookie shortage ravaged Sesame Street, Bert, and Ernie were forced to leave and find new jobs out West, a couple blocks Northwest too, but definitely west.
Due to a Rubber Duck accident involving a soapy bathtub without a bathmat, Ernie received head trauma to the point that he makes a terrible sound when he laughs. Not wanting to endure the appalling noise, he takes care of Ernie as they search for the one job that allows them to scratch the white albino naked lab mice on their heads.
As their four-month walk of the two-and-a-half blocks ends, they discuss what happened to everyone they have met.
Mr. Karmell Nug Gent is an older, disabled bassoon player. He never talked about how he lost his lips in the war, effectively stopping his dreams of playing the bassoon in the circus band, a lifelong dream.
Young Jimi Krank Shorn is the local Organ Grinder player, and his cuddly 589-pound angry grizzly bear is named Waddlesworth. Seeing the bear chase Jimi up the old sycamore tree on the riverfront was always a chuckle. When the weed trimmer accidentally trimmed off the bear's hair between his ears, it depressed the old boy. He never really chased anyone anymore after that.
Then there is Leftie LaCruze. One smooth talker. He talked well. He knew all his alphabet and, boy; he could spell some of the tricky words, like applesause and, wait, I didn't say that right. Applesause. Applesauce. There! He could spell that on the first try. Lucky guy. He is so cool; he took his name from his hands. See, he is left-handed, so he calls himself Leftie. Heh? Pretty darn clever, right?
Another person they met was Ol' Straight. You'd think that with an exciting name like that, she would have many fascinating stories, funny jokes, or animal noises to share. She didn't! Can you believe that? Ol' Straight only laughed when she heard Bert and Ernie wanted to scratch albino naked lab mice on their heads. Man, did she laugh.
The last and most exciting person Bert and Ernie met was Dr. Rotundulum. They almost missed him because he is tiny, barely the height of Ernie. Ernie followed Dr. Rotundulum into his top-secret Poor Security Lab because he thought he should. Once inside, Bert and Ernie fell to the ground, screaming incoherently, "We found them, we found them."
After approximately thirty-one seconds, they leaped up, ran to the white albino naked lab mice, carefully grabbed two, and began stroking their bald heads. Dr. Rotundulum queried what they were doing.
Answering as if he was an idiot, they stated rubbing white albino naked lab mice on their heads.
Oh, how the doctor laughed and laughed and said, " Why, them is shaved black mice.


459 words






                   
         

© Copyright 2024 J.R. PETE (jtpete86 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2311444-How-to-get-to-Sesame-Street