*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2311954-No-Digging-Allowed
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Comedy · #2311954
Daily Flash Fiction - 1-12-23 - W/C 300



“It’s the law not to go against the law,” Mercedes Agrifroeid stated. “And what you did, I say again, is against the law.”

Herricot Verts stood his ground. “Why would you say this is against this law? Where is it written that I cannot do that?”

Agrifroeid checked the rule book. “It states right here in Rule Number 9,00,22. ‘You will never dig up a body buried under endangered plants’.”

Verts countered that claim. “To what version of rule book are you referring?”

“I refer to the latest version. This was last updated cycle 90543.”

There were snickers in the crowd that had gathered to hear this decision.

“I have a rule book that was updated in cycle 90544. It states that this rule, Number 9,00,22 has been rescinded. Now it is legal to dig under any plant. Endangered plants are taking over our world. Beings are burying bodies under every plant they see, as more and more plants are considered endangered.”

Shouts of affirmation were heard in the hall.

“Now Herricot Verts you know there are many interpretations of laws, and many counterfeit rule books. The only rule book that is legal is the one held by the Council on Laws. Am I right Council?” Mercedes Agrifroied turned to the Council seated behind her. Eleven members of the Law Council sat looking straight ahead. Not one spoke.

“Okay. So let me tell you, Master Verts, that there is also another reason for this law. A caveat of sorts. It is listed in the Rule Book that we, as the Ruling Council, consider as the only legal rule. Perhaps you‘re not aware that if you indeed go around digging up bodies, you’ll upset the entire space-time continuum of this world.”

“The consequences?”

“We will revert to the year 2024.”

W/C 300

























































































































© Copyright 2024 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2311954-No-Digging-Allowed