*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2312497-Our-Honeymoon
Rated: E · Fiction · Relationship · #2312497
Getting along can be challenging ...
300 words



He said “The entire purpose of the honeymoon as to add glory to our relationship.”

“How will zip lining over a crocodile invested river do that?” I moaned.

“We will do it. We will face our fears of heights as a team. Together we will conquer our demons! It will be wonderful, you’ll see.” His face radiated an enthusiasm I had never seen before.

I looked at the brochure in my hand. There is nothing about this adventure that appeals to me.

I picked another. It’s a dinner cruise under the moonlight.

Before I even had a chance to suggest it, he waved the zip line brochure at me. I feel threatened. I fear everything in that damn brochure that he is holding. I want to please him but not as much as I want to live.

I take a breather break. You know the one. Count to ten before you say something that can never be taken back. I got to nine then I blew up. “There is no way I am doing that!”

He comforted me with his loving arms and kissed me until I forgot what I was mad about. After a pleasant and playful romp under the sheets, we once again were searching for our big adventure to remember the rest of our lives.

He chooses another BAD idea. Sky diving. “No thank you.” “Parasailing” What is the matter with this guy? He was charming once. What happened? When did he become so foolish?
Why, I wonder is he making our honeymoon a big uncomfortable mess.

I am learning that marriage is a compromise. I now see the wisdom is my husband’s determination to face our fears as the zip line belt snaps. But I think he may be regretting it now by the sound of his screams.
© Copyright 2024 Simply Me (evelyncase at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2312497-Our-Honeymoon