*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2313465-God-Duty
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Inspirational · #2313465
God never walks off the job, goes on strike, or takes a break.
While we slept, an amazing God kept watch. He managed our care and provided us with much-needed breath to stay alive and well without incident.
He also called home those whose time had come and comforted the sick. One would think that He was overworked, but instead, He was just on God duty watching over us. Return the love by giving Him praise, thanks, honor, and glory this morning.

While we slept last night, God stood on God duty. He watched over everything and everybody in this entire world. He provided sleep where needed, healing where He desired, comfort when appropriate, grace, and mercy as necessary, ensuring that our world remained intact. He never left His post, took a nap, or went to sleep.

He stayed His post throughout the night and into the early morning light, ensuring those who needed to rise rose on time, and those with other destinations attended their appointed times. He continued to remain on His post, allowing the moon to recede and the sun to rise.

Nowhere on His schedule were there scheduled three square meals or two fifteen-minute breaks. Just His ongoing concerns for making sure that our world was right and in order. He did not stand idly by but remained busy throughout the night, making sure that you and I were all right.

When the time came for His shift change, without blinking an eye, He got the new day started with everything in order. He received prayers, cries, mourns, and, yes, voices of joy and supplication all in His stride, never missing a beat for unlike any other guard on earth, He was on God duty.
© Copyright 2024 G. B. Williams (mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2313465-God-Duty