*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2313855-DEVIMAYNA-2980---Prologue
Rated: E · Novel · Sci-fi · #2313855
The prologue for my book. Still a WIP

I wasn't able to feel much then, but what I could feel was very painful, to say the least. Sometimes I was glad of it -- sometimes I wished it would all just stop. I would wish all could just go quiet. But the day that everything at last did, I realized just how much I needed the noise. Too late. I am gone already.


I broke a lot of people before I finished. I have a lot of regrets. It does console me, though, to know that when the ashes all scattered upon the empty plain -- the empty plain I once called home -- everything was in ruins. Everything I ever loved, and everything I ever hated.


Nothing mattered anymore. Nothing ever mattered, perhaps.


It was as though no one had ever been here in the first place. Some might find that a seizing, constricting thought, however, I find comfort in it. I took my personal grievances with me, and so did everyone else. A kind of peace was restored to the earth; no evil could ever scratch its charred surface again. We'd run our course. Evidence of my wrongdoings had been physically cleared forever.


But nothing can erase time.


Welcome to Kartov, year 2980 AD.



© Copyright 2024 Gracy Allorah (applesaucemeow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2313855-DEVIMAYNA-2980---Prologue