*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2314118-Special-Delivery
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Romance/Love · #2314118
Daily Flash Fiction - 2/14/24 - W/C 297

Today I saw an unusual sight: a little man flying through the air with a bow and arrow. Since it was Valentine’s Day, I pushed aside disbelief and blamed it on chocolate overload. But darn, those Dove hearts were delish.

Was that cupid? Or was I just stupid? I mean, do people actually fly through the air, with bow and arrow, wearing nothing more than an diaper, in February, in Montana?

“Julie, guess what!” Julie’s my almost sister.

“Um, never have you ever kissed a frog?”

“No, wrong.”

“You have? Nancy, ew…”

“Julie! Listen, this is serious I think I just saw cupid. He just flew past the house.”

“You know what that means, don’t you?”

“It’s been snowing for a week, I’m going crazy, and need to get out?”

“No, silly. You’re going to meet your true love. Cupid is going to shoot an arrow into him, as we speak.”

“That sounds a little barbaric, archaic, perhaps medieval. You don’t really believe that. Do you?” I peeked out between insulated drapes, snow was still falling. No little flying man to be seen.

“It’s Valentine’s Day, a day for love. Be romantic. Set aside your disbelief. Go chase that crazy cupid.” Julie hung up.

I’ll show her. Silly, chasing after flying people. I pulled on boots, down-filled coat, hat, mittens, then stomped outside. I grabbed the snow shovel. Just as I got to the end of the walk, I met the mail man. But not the regular mail man.

“Do you live here?”

“Yes, that’s right. Nancy Robinson.”

He smiled. Wow.

“Great. I’m the new mail man on the route, Neal Roberts. Pleased to meet you.”

After a time, he continued on his route. I went inside to write down his phone number. Thanks crazy flying man!

W/C 297
© Copyright 2024 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2314118-Special-Delivery