*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2314540-Temperature
Rated: E · Short Story · Activity · #2314540
A relatable story of a girl who just doesn't want to go to her American Football practice.
Molly traipsed into the kitchen, dragging her feet behind her. It was a Sunday, and Sunday was the day that she went to American football practice. But Molly was so tired, and couldn't be bothered with all the running around! so today she was going to try and stay off."
"Mum?" she said wearily. "I feel sick."
"How? What's wrong?" Her mum queried.
"My tummy hurts. I don't think I can go to football."
"Don't speak nonsense, you're fine to go to football."
Uh oh...
Molly though desperately. She really didn't want to go!
"I have a temperature!" she blurted. "A really bad one. I'm burning up!"
Molly's mum gasped. "Oh no! I'll get the thermometer." she said, before dashing into the living room where she kept the medicine. Molly giggled. Then abruptly stopped. If her mum was getting the thermometer... then she would be taking her temperature!
"Oops..." she muttered to herself as her mum came back with the thermometer. she stuck it into Molly's mouth.
"You're fine!" she exclaimed. "O.K then, I'll fetch your football stuff."
This called for desperate measures! Molly took the thermometer out of her mouth and held it next to the radiator. After a few moments, she put it back in her mouth. It burnt her tongue a little bit, but never mind.
"Mum!" she moaned. "I told you that I had a temperature, but you didn't listen! and now I'm even worse!"
Mum, who was in the shoe cupboard, sighed. "Better humour her..." she sighed and went back into the kitchen. But she was shocked when she saw temperature that the thermometer showed. "Well, this is a problem!" she muttered, before speaking louder. "Molly, i'm so sorry, but I can't let you go to football today."
"Awwww!" Molly said, trying to hide her excitement.
Mission accomplished.
© Copyright 2024 Llothy54 (lloth54b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2314540-Temperature