*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2314689-The-Derg-Preparations
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #2314689
A flashback from the commissioner's POV
The commissioner thought back to the early days of The Derg's' appearance. At first the town was uneasy as the 12ft reptile patrolled the skies but soon it was natural. The commissioner would never forget that first heroic act. A plane went out of control & would have certainly crashed downtown had she not flown under to stabilize it until a proper landing could be made.

It was the day after that event that she showed up in his office. He had gone to work as usual, but upon unlocking his office he found her sitting on the floor cramped. She told him that she would always be on duty & gave him a special watch that could pinpoint her when she roared as well as page her when she was needed. He took the watch & looked up but she was gone.

The commissioner brought his mind back to the present. A big bust had been made & the notorious bank robber "Baby Face" Moe was finally apprehended. The city was now able to sleep a little more easy with yet another criminal behind bars.
 The Derg-The Sidekick  (E)
A further look at Westlia's superhero set up.
#2314953 by Massive Friendly Derg
© Copyright 2024 Massive Friendly Derg (dragondawn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2314689-The-Derg-Preparations