*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2315261-Lotto-dreams
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Monologue · Cultural · #2315261
for out of the fog contest
Okay, so I have a dilemma. Phrased more generally, "Does one play lottery numbers when they come in their dreams?"

It has happened to me a few times and I think the answer, in my situation, is, "Yes, I most definitely should."

Let me say that the first time it happened to me I wrote the numbers down in my journal and thought little of them until after the drawing. I was just north of sixteen and too young to buy my own ticket even if I had thought it a good idea to act on numbers from a dream. The thing was that I checked the numbers out of curiosity after the drawing. They matched precisely.

It happened again when I was almost eighteen. I wrote the numbers down and gave them to my mother. She bought the ticket. We didn't win. But back then they had little slips available at the lottery counter with the winning numbers and drawing dates printed on them. The next week after the one we had the ticket for... the numbers matched exactly.

This leads me to last Saturday. I had another dream, of numbers for a lottery. Two problems, first this is the first time it has happened since Powerball started and I don't know how my dream would distinguish a Powerball. The second problem is that I have already bought tickets for four drawings, two Powerball, and two Megamillions. I haven't won yet. I am absolutely sure that these numbers will be the winning numbers soon, but when... How many tickets do I buy before I give up... how do I take it when the next drawing they win?

So, my real question is, how crazy am I to act on a dream?

297 words

note
© Copyright 2024 Spring in my Sox (rinsoxy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2315261-Lotto-dreams