*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2315668-Blossom-Of-The-Light
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #2315668
Kim is saved by a light flower. 300 words
Blossom Of The Light


Kim Berlee often walked the night. She was not a vampire or some evil creature of the darkness. Although she often felt like a ghost, as the few people she happened to meet seemed not to notice her passing. Of course, they never spoke, so neither did she.

“I’m simply an insomniac. I find it hard to sleep,” she told her family and friends when they asked.

The truth was that she found the night peaceful and quiet; a time to think and decide about troubling things in her life. Yet, this night proved to be vastly different!

As was her custom, Kim usually walked along abandoned railway tracks; of which there were many.

“I’m a railway brat through and through. There is something so soothing about walking the rails,” she told herself.

On this night, she noticed an approaching light coming toward her from far down the tracks.

“A train! There’s a train coming!” she gasped.
She didn’t know where she would go, as she was half-way across a trestle, and she’d never make it back if she turned to retrace her steps! She laid down between the rails, hoping to escape death or injury. Then it came to her. There was no sound with the light and there should have been!

Relieved, she stood up again. The light came closer and closer. Then it bloomed into the most beautiful
flower. Reaching out, Kim touched it.

“It’s coming into my hand! I can use it for a nightlight to see myself home!” she whispered.

Drowsy now, she found she needed it. It seemed to pull her on without her guiding it. In no time she was home and in bed. The flower of the night gradually dimmed and disappeared. Miraculously, Kim never experienced insomnia again.
© Copyright 2024 dragonwoman (draygonlayd60 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2315668-Blossom-Of-The-Light