*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2315765-One-among-the-two-is-gruesome
by Ben
Rated: E · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #2315765
This is short story of two neighbours of which one is monster and dead.
Part- 1

Rocky, an entrepreneur fritters away his wealth on opulent accessories to brag his image in society as an affluent aristocrat. Obliviously, he slowly becomes a pauper and loses everything in life. Deluged with debts, he lands himself in quandary and decides not to beseech further help from anyone. On seeing his pitying condition, Wilson, a close neighbor of Rocky, gives him accommodation in his home temporarily with all comforts galore. He also pays his debts and secures a job for him in the organization in which he is not only a shareholder but also an important dignitary. Hereafter, Rocky’s life cruises smoothly without crests and troughs.

One fateful night, Rocky gets a phone call from anonymous and this ping brings a massive twist in his life. The latter informs the former to attend the death ceremony of his neighbor (Wilson) who died a year ago in a car accident. On hearing this, a chill runs down the spine of Rocky and he plans to evacuate from his home at the earliest. But the moment he opens the door to step out of that hell with his luggage, he encounters Wilson who holds his hand tightly and takes him back. He tells Rocky that “you are not only my neighbor but also my close friend”, so don’t dare to go out without my permission.

On next morning, Wilson gets a call from an anonymous who apprises him of the death of his neighbor, Rocky, a couple of years back. The person on another side of the call tells Wilson that his neighbor hung himself from the ceiling fan owing to incurring huge losses in his business. But the latter scoffs off his talks considering it to be gibberish and disconnects the call. Though Wilson doesn’t exhibit any sign of suspicion towards Rocky but later eagerly waits to rescue from the former.

A Sorceress is anonymous aware of actual truth(i.e) she knows who among the two is a gruesome ghost? but is, unfortunately, nailed to death. A well-known putative cop of the city comes across the old newspaper at his home in which the tidings appurtenant to the gruesome incident is given and this urges him to motion to Wilsons’ house to protect the innocent who is on the brink of death. As the bad fortune chases him, he too dies.

Wilson bolts the door from outside when Rocky falls asleep and steps out of the house with a few changes of clothes and chattels towards woods.

Part-2 will unveil the suspense.
© Copyright 2024 Ben (sunny747 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2315765-One-among-the-two-is-gruesome