*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2315776-BSF-Childrens-Lesson-22-John-17
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Children's · #2315776
Jesus prays for His disciples
Jesus Prays and God Listens!


Scripture: John 17

Scripture Verse: “Now this is eternal life: that they know You, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent.”

God’s Attribute: Accessible. God is always listening when we pray.

Main Truth: Jesus prays for his people.


Story:

“God is listening, God is listening….when I pray. Our hands we fold, our heads we bow, so we can talk to God right now. God, Thank You for letting everyone here talk to you. Thank you for listening when people pray, and thank You for sending Jesus to pray for people.” Amen.” Make sign for Amen.

Hold up Bible. “Does anyone know what book this is?” Wait for answer. This book is the B.I. B. L. E, the Bible. Can anyone say Bible?” Sing The B. I. B. L. E. “Touch the Bible.” Open the Bible to John. “The Bible is God’s true word. The Bible tells us about God and Jesus.” ASL for Jesus. “Today’s story is about Jesus talking to God.”

*AsteriskB* ”Talking to God is called prayer. Remember how we thanked God for letting everyone here listen when people talk to Him? That is a prayer.”

*AsteriskB* “People can pray to God.”

*AsteriskB* Hold up picture of people praying. “God is always listening when His people pray. God listens to Calvin…” Name everyone.

*AsteriskB* ”God is Jesus’s Dad. Jesus loves talking with God.” Hold up picture of Jesus.

*AsteriskB* ”Jesus prayed for His friends.”

*AsteriskB* “Jesus prayed for Alexis and Calvin and Nathan and Abby. Jesus prayed for Miss Charlene and Miss Sheila. Jesus prayed for all of us!” Point to each person, then wrap arms in a circle to bring everyone together.

*AsteriskB* “Because He loves us so much, Jesus prays for His people.”

*AsteriskB* Questions
What is this book called? This book is called the Bible.
Who always listens when His people pray? God always listens when His people pray.
Who prays for His people? Jesus prays for His people.

Verse: To God Is So Good.
“Eternal life is when people know God and Jesus, John 17:3.” 3X

Songs:

*AsteriskV* ”Who remembers what prayer is? Prayer is talking to God. When everyone here prays, we can say how good God is. This is called Praise.” Praise Him, Praise Him, verse one. “When we,” name each child, “thank God, that is praying. Verse two. “Jesus prayed because He loved His people. Praying can be people telling God they love Him.” Verse three.

*AsteriskV* ”God always listens when His people pray. That is because God loves us.” God Is So Good. “God Is Jesus’s Dad. Jesus prayed to God for his friends, and God listened.”God always listens.” “Jesus prayed for everyone here, and God listened.” Glory, Hallelujah. Also, God sent us Jesus.

*AsteriskV* “When we pray, we can ask God to help us.” Good morning, God.

Quiet time: Talk about Jesus praying for His people. Tell them we can talk to God, too.

Large muscle: Large blocks, marching.
© Copyright 2024 Whiskerfacebythefireplace (whiskerface at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2315776-BSF-Childrens-Lesson-22-John-17