*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2315991-Super
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #2315991
Here I come to save the daaaaay...
As usual, he had to fly to the tallest building in Municipality City for the meeting.

“What’s the plan today, Tantrum? I see you’ve kidnapped the woman I might love. Again. You know, you could just call when you want to monologue about taking over the world.”

“What’s the fun in that?” Tantrum sneered, pushing the woman to the edge of the rooftop.

“Ultimatum?”

“Don’t you remember?” Tantrum frowned. “I plastered my intent all over the city!”

“Of course I remember,” he hesitated too long and Tantrum sighed in exasperation.

“You always forget!”

“I can’t help it! There’s a reason they call me, um…” he glanced hopefully at Tantrum.

“Look at your shirt!” Tantrum exploded.

“Ah, yes.” He looked down and there it was. His name, embroidered in red. “Amnesia. There’s a reason they call me Amnesia!” he gave a triumphant grin.

Tantrum rolled his eyes. “Look, you can either save your lady or stop the bomb I planted under the President’s desk. That’s the plan for today.”

“I don’t believe you,” Amnesia said, crossing his arms over his chest.

Tantrum narrowed his eyes. “I may be a bad guy but I’m not a liar.”

“Except you’re not.”

“Not what?”

“The bad guy. I’m the bad guy. I’ve just made you forget. It is my superpower, after all.”

Tantrum grimaced. “We’ve been over this before, Amnesia. Your power only makes you forget.” And with that, he pushed the woman off the roof.

“Save the girl or the president, remember?” Tantrum reminded

“Oh, yes.” He dove off the roof and caught the screaming lady before she could splat on the ground.

“Saved the day again!” he gloated. Something niggled at the back of his mind. There was something he was supposed to do...

“Oh, well.” He shrugged, and kissed his girl.



Faster than a speeding, um...
© Copyright 2024 Genipher (geniphery at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2315991-Super