*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2316197-Panda-Foot
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Joseph
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2316197
Writers cramp 24 hour prompt-write a story about humans encountering a Panda. In progress
PANDA FOOT 480words

“Attention. Attention. Three more Panda-Foot sightings reported. A large

Black and white creature Has scared several families and fishermen along

the Tan River. Every-one in that area is urged to use caution.” The loud

message kept repeating every few minutes along all the communication

waves.

“Come on, Bubba grab your camera. Let's go figure out what that thing is.” Becca said while stretching her legs and arms to loosen up for a workout.

“Lead the way, boss I'm with you.'' Bubba said, awkwardly speeding up pace to try to keep up.

“Shas's…Listen! Did you hear that?”


“I don't hear anything. You're tripping man.”


“Listen. I'm telling you there's something out behind those trees, and it's following us.”


“Man, you've been watching too much horror on TV. What do you think it is, Big Panda Foot or something?”


“I'm telling you there is something out there. I know it might sound crazy, but there was that zoo that the animals escaped from last week.”

“Shoot man. I heard they done caught all of them and sent them across the pond.”

“Hahaha, do you think they would really tell us the truth if they hadn't caught them all? You know how them politicians are.”

Birds take off flying as some bushes begin to shake when the obvious sound of an animal approaching is heard. A fairly large animal.


"Run, man, let's get the hell out of here!”


“Ha..ha..hu..huf. Do you think it's still there? Did we lose it? What was it? Did you see?”


“It's still there. We didn't even gain any ground. It’s right back there. Weird-looking, it's got a white face. Not that big, though.”


“You saw it. How'd you do that?”


"Yeah, man, I saw it. A couple times. I think it's just following us; it's not trying to catch us. Because it stops every time we do. Haven’t you noticed?”

"Man, I ain't noticed anything; I'm just trying to keep up with your skinny ass.”

“We're almost back to the road. With the light there, if it tries to follow, we'll be able to at least see what it is.”


“ Lead the way. I'll try to keep up.”

The partners emerge from the forest; they see a pub nearby, and they head that way. They can see nothing following.

“A bar keep two drafts. Do you have a phone handy? I could borrow a second.”

“There's a pay phone around the corner near the restroom.”

"Okay, thank you.”

Click, click, click. “Yes, me and my friend were hiking the mountain trail, and some medium-sized animal was following us. It had a white face. Weird looking. Do you have any idea what it could be?”

“We'll get a crew right over there and investigate. We don't want to alarm the public, but there is still a panda on the loose that escaped the zoo last week.”
© Copyright 2024 Joseph (cuzzinjoe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2316197-Panda-Foot