*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2316298-Lets-Pretend-We-Won-The-Lottery
Rated: E · Other · Satire · #2316298
Let’s Pretend We Won The Lottery – Movie / TV Series / Book.
Let’s Pretend We Won The Lottery – Movie / TV Series / Book.
Here is my idea for either a film, book or TV series.
The show centres on a person who pretends they have won the lottery.
It is a fraud, but this is a profound comedy Film / book/ TV show.
Would you be interested in developing this idea?
The result is the person experiences life as a successful wealthy winner.
The motivation to pretend they have won the lottery could be
1. A friend, or relative is dying, and the person wants them to be happy.
2. Person thinks everyone looks down on them, so the person pretends they have had massive success.
3. They owe lots of money to a loan shark, who threatens them with violence and pain, if they do not have the money. So the person pretends they have won the lottery to claim the have the money.
Other things that could happen
1. Gets a great looking partner because the person thinks they have won the lottery.
2. Has a big party for family, friends, community, and neighbours.
3. Sponsors a local sports team who spend money in the expectation they have a rich backer.
4. Gives donations to charity.
5. Give money to friends, and family.
6. Builds up a huge debt to people who think the debt can easily be repaid.
7. Buys a house, expensive cars, visits expensive restaurants, hotels, goers to events, such as polo, golf, horse racing.
8. Meets famous celebrities, and politicians, who think the person has money.
9. Perhaps sends children to expensive private school on back of pretend wealth.
10. Is found out and has to explain why they did it.

The film could have profound messages such as;
1. What would you do to make your loved ones proud?
2. What would you do to make yourself look like a success?
3. Does money make you happy?
4. Is lying good, when it helps good people?
5. Eventually lies will come back to haunt you.

End Credits.
At the end of the film during the credits there could be real life interviews with ordinary people on what they would do if they won the lottery.

The lottery is an international concept. So this ideas could have broad appeal, in many different media markets. It could be a classic.
© Copyright 2024 Wrexgor (geopolitcomp at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2316298-Lets-Pretend-We-Won-The-Lottery