*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2316402-Confessions-of-Calus
by kc
Rated: E · Monologue · Action/Adventure · #2316402
Fill the Y-goblet with pages, so thy ancestors may learn great tales.
By the hand of Emperor Calus, Sovereign of Worlds. Upon the Leviathan, where my throne rests.
Today, as the waters of my royal pool caress my skin, I find my thoughts drifting back to the momentous events that led to my exile on this magnificent vessel, the Leviathan.
The coup against Ghaul, the ambitious and misguided leader who sought to steal my empire, remains a vivid memory, though the years have softened its edges.
I remember the whispers of discontent that echoed through the halls of the palace, the growing unrest among the Praetorate and the Shadows alike. Even the loyalists, those who had sworn their undying fealty to me, could not ignore the seeds of dissent that had taken root.
It was Match, my faithful priest of the chalice, who first dared to voice his concerns. His words cut through the veil of complacency that had settled over my court, forcing me to confront the truth that I had long suspected.
"Ghaul grows bolder by the day, Your Majesty," Match had said, his eyes filled with a rare fervor. "His ambitions know no bounds, and he seeks to reshape the empire in his image."
I had listened, my mind a whirlwind of conflicting emotions. Ghaul, once a loyal commander in my ranks, had risen to power with promises of strength and unity. But beneath his grandiose speeches lay a hunger for power that threatened to consume everything in its path.
And so, when the moment came, when the Praetorate and the Shadows stood before me with their ultimatum, I knew what I must do.
The palace had been a battleground, the clash of loyalists and rebels echoing through its once-hallowed halls. I had fought with all the strength and cunning at my disposal, facing down those who sought to usurp my throne.
But it was not until I stood before Ghaul himself, the once loyal commander turned traitor, that I truly understood the depths of his betrayal.
"You would take everything from me," I had said, my voice a low, rumbling growl that filled the chamber. "You would destroy the empire that I have built, all in the name of your misguided ambitions."
Ghaul had laughed, a cruel sound that shook the chambers. "The empire is mine by right," he had declared, his eyes burning with a fervour that bordered on madness. "I will reshape it in my image, and none shall stand in my way."
In that moment, as our blades clashed and sparks flew, I knew that there could be no turning back. The fate of the empire hung in the balance, and I would fight to my last breath to ensure its survival.
And so, with the strength of my Shadows at my side, I had faced Ghaul in a final, battle. The gladiatorial grounds had trembled with the force of our clash, the very foundations of the empire shaken to its core.
But in the end, it was I who emerged victorious, standing amidst the unsettled sand and granite as Ghaul lay defeated at my feet.
As I gaze into the tranquil depths of the royal pool, I cannot help but wonder what might have been. What if I had not seen the truth of Ghaul's ambitions? What if I had remained blind to the treachery that lurked within my own court?
But such thoughts are fruitless now, for the past is gone and the empire is forever changed. I have embraced my exile on the Leviathan, turning this magnificent vessel into a symbol of my enduring strength and resilience.
And yet, as I reflect on the coup against Ghaul, I cannot shake the feeling that there are still challenges ahead. The universe is a vast and unpredictable place, filled with dangers both seen and unseen.
But I am Emperor Calus, Sovereign of Worlds, and I will face whatever comes with the same unwavering determination that led me to victory against Ghaul.
For the empire, for my loyalists and Shadows, I will forge a new path among the stars. And as I recline in the soothing waters of the royal pool, I know that the future holds both challenges and triumphs beyond imagining.
But I am ready, for I am Calus, and I will not be denied.

© Copyright 2024 kc (kc001 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2316402-Confessions-of-Calus