*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2316738-Chapter-030-The-Chosen-One-or-Interlude
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Fantasy · #2316738
Fate and Mother Nature pat themselves on their backs for finding Carter.

{Dream World}

The hooded woman with golden eyes watched the Crystal Ball intently, not missing one moment of the momentous event that unfolded before her. Her unadulterated focus was on a man from Earth, hopefully lifting a six-thousand-year-old curse and giving renewed life to Thresh.

Mother Nature stood behind Fate, holding her shoulders, and watched her champion fight through the tower and release his genes into this world. She was using the women of Thresh and this young man for her selfish needs without them knowing it.

"Seems you have chosen well this time, Mistress Nature," said Fate as she pulled off her hood to reveal a smile.

"The women seemed pleased to have been fertilized. You should be getting prayers for pregnancy again," said Venus, groveling at Nature's feet.

Once a woman on Thresh is fertilized, her eggs are ready to foster into babies; she only has to ask Nature for help, and the egg will start to grow. The prayers allow Mother Nature to stay powerful in her realm, and in return, the woman gives birth to a healthy baby.

"Prayers to make you stronger," said a faceless woman dressed in the same see-thru gown.

"You are right, my hags. He seems virile and malleable enough for the job," said Mother.

The crystal ball went dark, and Fate sat back on her throne.

"Why don't you just remove the curses on Thresh? Wouldn't that fix all these 'procreating' problems," said a hag.

"Because she didn't cause the curse. A man did," said Venus from across the room.

Nature's fixing of her world, Thresh, was not going as planned. She used most of her powers to repopulate the world using Cambian men, which wasn't working well. They just weren't suitable for procreation. They weren't lustful, virile, or heterosexual and had the cursed genes. That ungodly bomb and prolonged war changed everything on Thresh. Over the years, she augmented the women to have the desire to procreate. She even bent the rules of the bomb, letting some women have males. It wasn't working, so she went to Plan B.

"Together, we shall place this Carter into key junctures of events to help with your little problem of depopulation," said Fate.

"Exactly. He will have every opportunity to help the women of Thresh in many ways," said Mother.

Fate smiled. She hasn't had this much fun in a long while. She was a tactician at heart, and designing a path for this mercurial boy through his life was taxing. She had to look into his future and nudge him in a different direction to change it. She found nudging other people into his life easier than changing his path. For example, Fate allows a group of guards from Arthur's camp to find him when he exits a set of stairs. Timing.

But sometimes, messing with the path of life can have weird complications. She needed to work hard on this one.

"Here's to more orgies and new lives!" yelled Mother.

"They won't all be orgies, I'm afraid," thought Fate as she looked farther up Carter's fate line, "pain and heartbreak will also be abundant."

"Go with Nature's Pride and seduce all my willing followers," said Nature as she turned the Crystal Ball on again.


Carter stopped and looked around. He felt like someone was watching him, making him feel uneasy.

"I'm tired," said Carter to no one in particular.
© Copyright 2024 Troyizen (troyizen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2316738-Chapter-030-The-Chosen-One-or-Interlude