*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2316779-Forgotten-Kingdom
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Dark · #2316779
A metaphor for any group of people
Wolf. Eagle. Falcon. Crow. Shepard. Fox. | Dragon.



What do we see?
A throne overrun by mammals and avians.

What do they want? More time, motivation, a valuable skill, knowledge that is beyond knowledge, the power to fix everything.

Why do they want this?
To feel sufficient, to have value, to feel something beyond one's contemplation, to stop the psyche from dwelling onto pointless subjects, to save oneself including other species, to appease the powers that hold them.

Will they ever get there?
One cannot be so certain that such a thing is probable. For you see, their throne has long been damaged, festering with infectious parasites and spoiling with noxious fumes. Cracked stones, rotting wood, poisoned waters, and hazardous weather. Any being can see this as uninhabitable, yet the mammals and avians still live here.

Why won’t they leave?
Perhaps they are still looking for something. Perhaps unknown forces are keeping them there. Possibly their walls might’ve collapsed, trapping them there. Who’s to say? The only ones who truly know are the unfortunate beasts that still reside there.

Will they be saved?
Perhaps…perhaps it is just history repeating itself. There once was a dragon that lived where the throne now lays. The dragon was a quiet beast, it kept to itself and ate only the weak or sickly creatures. Yet one day, a fire brewed, burning a nearby village. The mammals and avians were angry beyond any rage fathomable. They believed the fire reigned from the dragon's mouth. So they built their towns out of stone, took away the forests from where the dragon hid and used it for tools, ammunition, and traps. The mammals and avians disallowed the dragon to eat, tormenting it with weapons and growls. The dragon had been terrorized, forcing it further away until it found a cave and sought refuge within it. Yet the mammals and avians were two steps ahead and placed explosive devices upon the caves entrance trapping the dragon within. The mammals and avians were satisfied, and left the dragon to decay. Over time the mammals and avians had forgotten about their grudge over the dragon and began building their empire. Towns became castles, castles into the mighty stone throne that is now what you see today. Some say the poison and noxious fumes came from the carcass of the dragon, others say that this was just an ill omen.

With this we see a kingdom forgotten, like shadows amidst a lonesome field. Soon the mammals and avians will become ghosts.

What of the dragon?
Perhaps the dragon died. Perhaps it survived and escaped from another hole. Who's to say, certainly not the mammals or avians.
© Copyright 2024 Fernando (seasack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2316779-Forgotten-Kingdom