*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2317087-Ava-The-boy-The-bird
Rated: E · Short Story · Experience · #2317087
Ava, The boy, The bird
Sitting on a weathered bench, Ava watched as the leaves danced in the breeze, their vibrant hues a stark contrast against the dull surroundings. Lost in thought, she absentmindedly traced the lines of a nearby statue.

"Excuse me," a voice interrupted her reverie.

Startled, Ava looked up to find a young boy standing before her, holding a delicate origami bird in his hand. His eyes sparkled with curiosity as he extended the paper creation towards her.

"Did you make this?" Ava asked, her voice filled with wonder.

The boy nodded enthusiastically. "Yes, I did. I saw you sitting here, and I thought you might like it."

Ava smiled gratefully, accepting the gift.
"Thank you," she said softly, meeting the boy's gaze. "It's beautiful."

His chest swelled with a sense of accomplishment and the boy let out a big smile. "can I walk with you" He asked.

Ava returned the boy's smile, touched by his eagerness to accompany her. She nodded and started to walk, gesturing for him to follow. As they walked side by side, the boy chattered animatedly about his passion for origami and the stories he imagined for each creation.

As they reached the edge of the park, Ava turned to the boy with a grateful smile. "Thank you for walking with me," she said, her voice filled with warmth.

The boy beamed up at her, his eyes shining with happiness. "Anytime," he replied.

The boy hugged Ava, wrapping his little arms around her legs. He gave her a wave and ran into the streets of the bustling city, ava hoping to one day see the boy again and his beautiful art.

She resumed her solitary walk, holding the origami bird close to her heart.


287 words
© Copyright 2024 Kevster (kiwi.juice.420 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2317087-Ava-The-boy-The-bird