*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2317132-Dear-America-Do-You-Truly-Value-Humans
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Critique · Legal · #2317132
Anti-abortion, but pro-death penalty. What utter bullshit. Hypocrites!
Your use of the death penalty is an excuse to continue the genocide of certain peoples. You incarcerate and prosecute people who are typically in underserved communities who generally don't have access to the same resources as other more affluent neighbourhoods.This is incredibly obvious to me as a new immigrant to the USA as this parallels what happens in Canada. The prison/justice system there, along with police forces in certain provinces (states) and regions (counties/precincts), unfairly targets and incarcerates our Native American/Indian/First Nations population at a much higher rate than any other peoples in Canada.

Your justice system and police forces have similar issues as Canada, and it is just as flawed. Your system of "justice" is based on whoever can afford the best lawyer who knows how to exploit all the legislative loopholes and has high charisma; therefore, is able to sway the judge/jury in the favor of whoever they are representing.

Like many of your black and hispanic communities here, the Indigenous peoples of Canada are shoved into crap areas that are underserved. In Canada, the government shoved all the Natives into tiny parcels of reserve lands, which are typically located in high-risk areas that are prone to flooding and other natural disasters. Despite all the pomp and show about Truth and Reconciliation, and about Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging, these communities are unfairly targeted and remain neglected in many ways—some still don't even have access to clean water, irrigation, safe housing, and appropriate sewage or septic networks.

I ask you to please stand up and work towards ending the use of the death penalty and stop contributing to this silent and ongoing underground genocide.

Furthermore, your methods of execution mirror what the Nazis did in Germany to Jews, Roma, Blacks, and those with disabilities. There is no place for this in a free and Democratic society anywhere.

Thank you. 🫶🪶
© Copyright 2024 Crystal Dragon (chantellemarie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2317132-Dear-America-Do-You-Truly-Value-Humans