*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2317683-Eternal-Life
Rated: ASR · Essay · Religious · #2317683
Written for the "Share Your Faith" activity
Prompt: Eternity.

How does the idea of eternity make you feel? What would it be like to live forever?


As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, we talk about Eternity all the time. It means something different for us than most Christians.

Our idea of eternity has no beginning and no end. It includes the existence of our spirits before we are born, our lives here and now, when we die and when we will be resurrected and can live forever with Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father.

The idea of Eternity is the only thing that gives me hope. In its syllables is the promise that death is not the end. That we will be resurrected.

Unfortunately, our belief states that after the resurrection, things will be very different depending on what you did before judgement day.

Those that have been faithful, made the necessary covenants with God, and received—either in this life or the after life—the ordinances of Baptism, Confirmation, Endowment and Sealing will be exalted and live forever with Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and our family. But only if we choose to receive these ordinances and keep the covenants we make with God.

Those who don't keep their covenants—or didn't convert or didn't have the ordinances done for them—but were basically good people will live forever. Not in torment but not with their families either. That isn't to say that their family members can't visit them but they won't be able to stay together forever.

Only the people who kill others intentionally when it's not for defense or commit some other sin against the Holy Ghost will be punished the worst. They must be punished after their resurrection for all eternity. This isn't called Hell by my church but it is the easiest comparison I can make.

My hope is to be resurrected one day. Then be reunited with my husband and family to live forever with them and the Godhead.(Note: I believe they will be resurrected too.)

This is my goal and how I wish to spend eternity. This is the best case scenario for living forever.


Word Count: 360

© Copyright 2024 Scarypotato-doing bettertoday (scarypotato14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2317683-Eternal-Life