*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2318285-Theyre-Watching-Us
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #2318285
You know that uncomfortable feeling that someone is watching you?
         "They're watching us.""
         "I know. Their eyes are undressing me , peeling back the layers. I feel so vulnerable."
         " I shoulda peeked before we stuck our heads out. That darn groundhog started this. He assured us it was Springtime. Get out and get some sun he said. Stand up tall and you'll catch the rays he said."
         The two friends stood side by side turning their faces skyward. With a long stretch they sighed.
         "I'm not gonna lie. I feel warm all over. I thought the snow would never melt. Is this not a glorious day?"
         "Is every Spring like this? It's almost worth the forever wait."
         "Has grass always appeared so lush and green? And that horizon, whoa, now that's an azure, isn't it?"
         Lost in their reverie with their eyes squeezed shut the sunbathers first heard a high-pitched humming. It throbbed in the air. As it swept closer they swayed and dipped helpless against the breeze. Tremors shook them.
         The humming deepened into a steady buzzing. Squinting, the pals gasped. A thousand furiously fluttering wings buffeted them.
         "They're back. I knew they were watching us. They couldn' t wait for a few more minutes? Geez. C'mon fellas we just pushed our way out here. Hey! Ow!"
         Despite their objections the pollinating season had begun. Or was this the initial feeding frenzy of starving bumble bees? The two dandelions weren't sure. All they recognized was the swarming.
(237 words)
© Copyright 2024 SandraLynn Team Florent! (nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2318285-Theyre-Watching-Us