*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2318306-the-Lost-Shoe
Rated: E · Fiction · Children's · #2318306
Daily flash fiction challenge: Prompt: chicken, bottle, shoe.
Amber was tired and needed sleep, but today she had to work at the farm. She sighed heavily as she pulled on one shoe- but where was the other one? Amber started to panic. She had forgotten to feed the animals yesterday, and they would starve! Amber needed to find her blasted shoe, but it had disappeared. What about the elderly chicken, she thought, who was ill and needed her medicine?
Amber searched all over the house but she couldn't find it. Pulling her hair out in frustration, she went outside. There she checked the milk bottle pile, the logs and the trees. But her stupid, stupid shoe was nowhere to be found. Finally, she gave up. Woody the dog came up and nestled beside his upset master. Amber looked round and cursed. Inside Woody's mouth was the shoe she had been looking for for an hour.
Thank goodness all of the farm animals survived.

Word count 157


© Copyright 2024 Llothy54 (lloth54b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2318306-the-Lost-Shoe