*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2318697-Hope
Rated: E · Monologue · Inspirational · #2318697
For all my misgivings and all my faults there still lies hope.
For all that I am I think there is only one thing that stands alone as the most important ideal anyone can hold onto, even if I myself forget it from time to time. And very simply that thing is hope.


I believe that in my portfolio I’ve written about the things that cause me some perturbation. More often than not I think I reflect deeply on the things that I ache over. Whether it’s the inner conflict of fragility hidden by fraudulent smiles or the fears and regrets I seem to compile. I don’t believe I give enough attention to the idea of hope. I mean it’s not that I don’t look to it for guidance. I just feel that I do it enough. I mean hope is just such a quintessential thing. It alone can provide you with a light to the end of any distance of tunnel. You just have to keep striving for it. Almost as if it reaches out to you playing on your sense of attainment. It beckons to you to just push just a little bit farther to reach it. Similar to how a parent might encourage their child to make the first steps to them. My goodness, and I think with that very sentence I myself have written I might have just perfectly surmised what hope is to met without even noticing it. Hope is like a loving parent who only wishes for their child to just push a little bit farther. Making the simple act of stepping one foot in front of the other during times of despair. What a warm thought, that even in your time of grief hope is there chanting to you in encouragement.


The ancient myth of Pandora’s box so eloquently defines the very power of hope. As is stated in the story “ that when the box was opened it released into the world all of the evils of mankind…as well as hope”. I feel it’s not only important that we realize that what Hesiod was saying that even if all these evils exist there is still hope. We must take into account that if there were all of those vile things that were freed from their cubic shackles, and yet hope stands alone. It can only speak volumes to how powerful hope can truly be. That with hope alone you can stand in opposition to the wales and woes of your life. I believe in writing this piece I was able to express to myself that which I was trying to convey to any audience. And with that I do “hope” that this was as illuminating for you as it was for me. So maybe you too can hope a little more in your life.
© Copyright 2024 Drake Gillian (frightened at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2318697-Hope