*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2319753-The-Birthday
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Contest · #2319753
Happy birthday Mandy and Sandy
Word Count: 199

The girl's birthday party started like any other party. Once again, they shared the day and mixed their friends.

Mandy and Sandy sat beside each other behind the shared birthday cake. Their Mom took another picture. Sandy refused to smile. She wanted her birthday party seperate this year. For as long as she could remember, she shared a birthday party with Mandy. I am eight years old this year. I should have a party of my own.

Everyone had cake and ice cream after singing Happy Birthday to the girls.

Mandy's friend Gigles whispered, "I had no idea Sandy had so many friends."

Mandy replied, "Yeah, Sandy wanted separate parties this year. I think she invited her whole third-grade class."

Mandy invited only two friends, Gigles and Kate. They were frightened of being outnumbered by the younger kids. Mandy turned 13 this year, a teenager, and no longer needed a child's party. Even though the girls shared the same birthdate, October 31. They were separated by five years.

Mandy felt like she won the prize this year. While Sandy had the most guests at the party. Mandy gets to stay the weekend with Kate and Gigles at Gigles' house.

© Copyright 2024 Dale Ricky (dalericky at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2319753-The-Birthday