*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2319923-For-SG
Rated: E · Essay · Experience · #2319923
Dedication to a mentor and friend
I wish I could say thank you for everything that you taught me. I’m not sure why but you refused to give up on me. Always pointing out my strengths as well as my weaknesses. You were both a mentor and more importantly a friend. You know more about me than anyone else including me. You gave me a safe place to process my inner demons and grow. I thought of you as a guardian angel.

I knew before you told me that you were leaving. Your departure was bittersweet. I was happy for you however I have to admit that I was sad for myself. What was 8 years together seemed be over in a flash.

I’ll never know how you sat across from me week after week listening to everything that I told you. You never judged. Instead, you told me fantastic stories that at the time I didn’t realize were teaching me how to become who I am. I loved listening to you change your voice with each character and bring them to life.

You were a storyteller and a writer. How could I not have noticed that you were using these gifts to help me write the story of my life. What was past, present, and what would to come to pass. I couldn’t have survived the darkest time of my life without you.

I don’t know how long it’s been since I last saw you. I’m horrible with the concept of time. If I had one more last time I would tell you how much I love you and that I think of you every day. I would cherish the chance to thank you for all that you gave me and taught me. I’ll be forever in your debt.

© Copyright 2024 MoonChilde (moonchilde01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2319923-For-SG