*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2320163-You-Do-What-For-A-Living
Rated: 18+ · Other · Comedy · #2320163
My comedic relationship to my job can be taken as inappropriate, but it's actually not!
I've worked with the general public my whole working life. It can be very rewarding or can be emotionally draining. Sometimes it's both. I worked at a store called ShopKo for a few years (six years to be exact) and most of the time it was very rewarding and it kept me there until I got sick of a few coworkers that were total ass holes.
I then worked at a fast food restaurant for three and I had some of the worst mental breakdown there that still are having negative effects on me after four years. Yeah. They were that bad.
Now I get to tell "dirty" jokes at where I work. After all, I touch other peoples meat. Yes. Sounds dirty until I tell you that I work at a meat department in my home town grocery store known as Fareway. Maybe you've heard of it and maybe you haven't.
At the meat department we also have a deli section. There we have lunch meats (cold cuts) and cheese sliced to order. I can make cheese jokes all day, but you dare not cut it! I'll venture to say that I'm the main "attraction" to the meat department I work at. Not just because of my jokes, but also my voice impressions. I do Mickey Mouse, Elmo, Scooby Doo's laugh and talking, Elmer Fudd, Bugs Bunny and Kermit The Frog.
There's also the jokes that can cross the line. We sell rump roasts there. You can only imagine. I had a coworker that was cutting rump roasts one day and I slapped the roast. She reacted perfectly for a set up for one of my most famous jokes in my life.
"Why did you slap my meat?" She asked and set me up perfectly for my punch line.
I said and I quote: "I'm going to slap a nice ass when I see it." That got roars of laughter from my coworkers, but my manager didn't find it funny at all. I actually got a verbal warning to NEVER say that again. It's still infamous at the meat department.

I hope this brought laughter into your life and brightened your day or night.
© Copyright 2024 KennyBlazek (kennethblazek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2320163-You-Do-What-For-A-Living