*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/270714-Closing-Time
Rated: GC · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #270714
When you go to close your store, are you safe from the horrors of the world?
CLOSING TIME

It was closing time at the shopping center, although it still seemed overcrowded with people rushing around like little incompetent ants.

The speakers buzzed with a small sharp pitched siren, that was soon followed by a women's voice " Windale Shopping village will be closing in five minutes please finish up your shopping and head to the exi...." her voice was suddenly cut off by some classical music.

Veronica Tait worked in an under staffed but well paid job in a retail clothing store. She walked through the store trying to round up the customers trying to tell them that it's closing time.

Veronica came to a mother who was trying to get her six-year-old boy to try on some clothes. The boy was furiously resisting, so the mother grabbed him violently and pulled his pants down and smacked him as hard as she could. The boy bursted out into tears and scream at the mother on how much his bottom hurts.

Veronica slowly moved up to the mother and child and quietly said "ah excuse me but its .. ah .. closing time and the store needs to shut".

"What !!" the mother screams violently at Veronica.

" The shopping center is closing now and you must head towards the exits" Veronica says politely. " I'm not fucking leaving until my son tries on the cloths and I purchase them, do u understand you tramp" The mother screams loudly.

" Miss I'm going to have to call security if you don't settle down please head to the exits" Veronica calmly pulls it off with out showing her anger to the stupid bitch.

" I'm not leaving until my stupid son tries on the clothes" the mother says in an evil tone.

The child's tears start again after he realises that his mother just called him stupid.

" That's it I'm calling security" Veronica said in a sweat tone praying that the mother left the store.

The mother reached to her handbag and pulled out a gun, adrenaline caused Veronica to panic as she saw the gun that the lady had pointed at her child's head.

The child's tears instantly stopped as his mother yelled at him "If you don't stop crying I'm going to blow your head off". Veronica started to cry after she heard the mother screamed at the boy like that. The mother turned around as if she felt something behind her.

Veronica took this as her chance and ran to the register where there was a security button and pressed it.

The mother was praying to God paying no attention that Veronica had run away. The mother yelled "AMEN" from the top of her voice and pulled the trigger on the gun pointed towards the child.

The child fell to the ground motion less lying in a pool of blood.

Veronicas screamed with all her might.

The mother then pointed the gun to herself and another shot was fired. The bullet entered her skull and shredded through her head.

Veronica curled herself into a fetal position whispering to herself " How could this happen, It all my fault, why is God so cruel".

The security guards entered the room and both of them fell to there knees in shock, one over them turned their head in disbelief and saw Veronica behind the counter curled up in a little ball.

He got up and ran to Veronica and put his arms around her in comfort, but she was in too much shock to even move.

All she did was whisper " how could this happen, Its all my fault, why is God so cruel".

THE END

Thankyou for reading this story, i would really like you to rate it please because im a writer who has no confidence in my work, and your ratings will be of great support.
© Copyright 2001 Crum69er (crum69er at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/270714-Closing-Time