*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/288653-Veronica
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Drama · #288653
A man who is struggling to deal with his internal pain.
Veronica

I put my face down in emotional disgust as I shed my tears for the first time in one year. This time last year my wife and I were in a car accident, I was driving and she was in the passenger side of the car. It was late at night I had been driving Veronica was asleep and I was beginning to get tired. I knew I should have stopped, but something kept me driving. From then on all I can remember was closing my eyes for just a second, the I was in the hospital with the doctor telling me that I had fallen asleep at the wheel and that my wife had suffered servere injuries to the head and she didn?t survive
I murdered her I feel so disgusting; I can?t live this life any longer this pain is so inhuman. I have though about this so long and I have decided to take the easy way out to end this pain. I pick up the blade in front of me, and held out my wrist in front of me. My body begins to shake as I have second thoughts about attempt to end my life. I place the blade to my skin, scratching it a little causing blood to ooze from under my skin.
I drop the blade with a jolt, as my vision goes, but returns showing me rapid images of my life from birth to present day. These images were so intense and vivid they over powered me and it seemed to me as though I had blacked out but I was still conscious. Then out of the darkness my wife walked revealing her naked body, she had brown hair, slender thighs, and supple breasts. She was just as I remember her, I fell to my knees and cried with happiness she embraced me with her arms and whispered ?it wasn?t your fault for the accident, I love you, I would never blame you for anything?. She slowly pushed me away, as she turned around so she could not look at me in the eyes and said it was not time for me to die.
I realised at that moment that I was idiotic for trying to end my life. Veronica?s words gave me so much comfort and love, I forgot about the pain of the accident and I remembers the love we shared together and I vowed from that day on that I will never let our love die.

Thankyou for reading this story, i would really like you to rate it please because im a writer who has no confidence in my work, and your ratings will be of great support.

By Crum69er
© Copyright 2001 Crum69er (crum69er at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/288653-Veronica