*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/399702-Love-and-Loss---part-1
by Noemi
Rated: ASR · Novella · Emotional · #399702
Two best friends fall in love. Find out what happens.
“Hey, Kitty! What are you doing on Friday night?”
“Nothing. Why?”
“Just wondering if you wanted to come to the cinema with me? We could watch your favourite movie late. It’ll be fun!
Kitty smiled mysteriously and replied,
“Sure. I’m sure it’ll be fun.”
Tomi grinned sexily and repeated,
“Lots of fun!”
Kitty loved his grin and she knew that Tomi loved it when she was flirting with him. Kitty and Tomi were best friends. They’ve never really been out with each other; they didn’t need to. Both knew that they would be friends for all their lives. They were certain of that.
Tomi had hair as black as the midnight sky and eyes so blue that one found it hard to look into it for more than even a second. He had a sexy, muscley body, which Kitty loved.
But Kitty mostly loved his cool personality. Unlike most boys, Tomi was clever, bright, kind and had an excellent sense of humor.
They both laughed when Kitty said to Tomi that somebody else told her that they fancied Tomi and to them it was funny. Partly because nearly all the girls in their school fancied Tomi.
One day, however, Tomi, instead of laughing, sighed deeply.
“What’s wrong?” asked Kitty. She hadn’t a clue why Tomi was not laughing. He usually would, so what happened today?
“It’s just that I’m tired of being fancied by loads of girls in school. I’m tired of having to go out with loads of them. All I want to do is find a girl who shares my interests and likes me for who I am inside and not outside. I want someone like that,” he said, never taking his eyes off Kitty while talking.
She had to say something now. She knew what Tomi was getting at. She loved Tomi, but she told him over and over again that they could not risk their friendship with anything more. It was likely to go wrong if they did get involved. So she said, flirting,
“You know, if you don’t find that girl, I’ll always be here if you want me.”
Strangely enough, Kitty got a different reaction from Tomi than she expected. Tomi smiled at Kitty, a smile that said that he was tired of arguing about this with her and it was time to decide now what she wanted.
“Don’t look at me like that. You know it makes me feel all strange inside. Besides, I’ve told you about the way I feel about this more than once. And you agreed. I’ll tell you this; there are plenty of fish in the sea. Just take your pick. If you don’t want any of them then you’ll have to be without one,” Kitty warned Tomi. But he just kept on staring at her.
© Copyright 2002 Noemi (noemif at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/399702-Love-and-Loss---part-1