*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/399707-Love-and-Loss---part-2
by Noemi
Rated: ASR · Novella · Emotional · #399707
The life continues for the two...
They were in Tomi’s room, sitting on his bed side by side, talking. Kitty moved a little away from Tomi. Tomi moved back closer to her and put her arms around Kitty, making her feel uncomfortable. Then Tomi whispered to Kitty,
“I don’t want any other fish from the sea,” he came closer to her, staring into her eyes, “I only want you.”
Kitty was seduced by the tone of his voice and his beautiful, sparkling blue eyes. She hardly noticed when, for the first time ever, Tomi kissed her.
She was so absorbed in his eyes that she only noticed what he was doing when he slowly made her lie on the bed. Then she woke up and angrily pushed him away from her. But she couldn’t sit up because Tomi was still holding her down.
“Let go of me. What are you doing?” Kitty whispered.
Tomi instantly let Kitty sit up. She was so scared that she was too weak to resist him when Tomi pulled her to him and hugged her in an effort to comfort her.
“I’m so sorry. I am. I thought you wanted this. I… I didn’t think I’d scare you this much. It’s just that I love you so much, I couldn’t resist any longer! Please forgive me!”
“Oh, Tomi! That’s not why I got so scared. It was that when I looked away from your eyes, your eyes…” Kitty sobbed.
“What about my eyes?” Tomi asked, almost impatiently, but at the right time he stopped himself from sounding impatient to Kitty. He did not want to upset her even more.
“I was hypnotised by your eyes. They are so beautiful, but I was truly in a trance. I would have gone along with anything you told me if I hadn’t come out of that trance. That’s what scared me so much but I’m over it now.”
“Oh. If I had only known!” said Tomi, angry with himself. “I am so sorry.”
Tomi was ashamed at himself for trying to do something to Kitty that she probably didn’t want to do at all. He wondered about his eyes too. No wonder nobody, except Kitty could look into them. But why?
He was still holding Kitty in his arms as he glanced down at her. She gazed up at him and said,
“Don’t worry Tomi. It’s not your fault. And I want to clear something up with you now. I’m gonna have to say this, no matter what your reply will be.
“As you know, I’ve already told you that we cannot risk our friendship with anything more. But I can’t hide my true feelings for you any more. It could be love, but I figure that I am, and so are you, still too young to know the meaning of the word “love”. I do have feelings for you, that’s for sure. I’ve had them for years now. I was afraid to tell you, in case you did not feel the same. So if we can clear this up then I can go home and sleep in peace.”
Kitty smiled at Tomi. Tomi returned the smile and thought what a shame it was that Kitty couldn’t sleep here tonight. He grinned at Kitty, the grin that she loved most.
“Phew. At last I know and I can guarantee I can only say the same to you. I had, have and will have feelings for you for a long time, now, and in the future, forever. So, er, now that we both know how we feel about each other, why won’t you sleep here?”
Kitty pretended to consider the question for a very long time. She’d love to sleep here but her Mother wouldn’t let her, she was sure of that. She did sleep at Tomi’s before but this time it was different. They knew thing about each other that they never knew before. Who knows what would happen if she slept here. Things could get very much out of control. And Kitty didn’t want that to happen. Not now. Not with her best friend.
Nevertheless she said mischievously to Tomi.
“Depends. If you’re a good boy, I might consider sleeping here. But then again I might not.”
They laughed as if nothing happened earlier.
“Tell you what. If you forget what happened, I might ‘let’ you sleep here,” Tomi replied.
Kitty laughed and assured Tomi that she already forgot. She also told him that she could not stay because of various reasons. One of them being what happened today.
“What’s the time?” asked Kitty.
“It’s 10 o’clock,” Tomi replied.
“Oh, my God!” I better go home ‘cause we have a big day ahead of us tomorrow,” rushed Kitty.
“No you don’t,” said Tomi, “but if you want to go so much I don’t blame you and I won’t hold you back. So long as I can have one good-night kiss!”
“All right,” laughed Kitty.
She was still in Tomi’s arms so she looked up and gave him a kiss on his cheek. But before she had time to stand up, Tomi found her lips with his and kissed her tightly but gently.
Kitty closed her eyes and let Tomi kiss her again and again and again. She forgot she was ever scared and enjoyed herself so much that she hardly wanted to stop.
Then suddenly Tomi whispered.
“Do you want to?”
And Kitty replied with a passionate “yes!”
Tomi resumed with kissing Kitty and he had half undone Kitty’s shirt when a loud ring interrupted them.
They pulled away from each other, silently.
“I’m gonna shoot that darn phone!” Tomi complained but he hurried along to pick it up.
“Hello,” he said into the phone. “Yes. Kitty is here.”
© Copyright 2002 Noemi (noemif at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/399707-Love-and-Loss---part-2