*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/406421-Day-in-the-life-of-a-nobody
by JRM
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Emotional · #406421
I am a nobody. A nothing. Some insignificant little ‘thing’ that you wouldn’t even notice even if I ran up and punched you in the face. I am a nobody.

In the morning I wake up alone. No one to wake me, no one to kiss me good morning or yell at me for the place being a mess. I make breakfast alone. If you can call a bowl of coco-pops a proper breakfast. I watch TV ‘cos that’s the only thing that ever gives me any notice. Aww fuck, not reruns again. I cant stand them. The TV goes off and the silence is suffocating – I’ve got to get out of here.

It’s a cold, wet, miserable day, yet I’m blinded by the light. It takes me a few minutes to used to it. I stumble along the street, not knowing where I’m going, just walking ‘cos that’s all I got to do. I come to a park and sit down on a wet bench and watch people. There’s a bunch of kids throwing sticks in the pond AND at each other. They look happy. I have no one to be happy with. There’s a young couple, walking hand in hand, stopping and kissing each other, just for the sake of kissing. Sickening. Then they leave each other, saying more sickening things like ‘loving you with all my heart’ and ‘missing you already’. Who would say that to me? When I die, who will notices?

No one.
© Copyright 2002 JRM (jamez_mac at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/406421-Day-in-the-life-of-a-nobody