*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/424685-300-Prophecies-65-96
Rated: ASR · Other · Religious · #424685
Old Testament prophecies #s 65-96 fulfilled in Jesus Christ
65. (The resurrection predicted) NIV Psalms 17:15 “And I--in righteousness I will see your face; when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness.”

NIV Luke 24:6,7 “He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: `The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.'"

66. (Forsaken because of sins of others) NIV Psalms 22:1 “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from the words of my groaning?”

NIV 2 Corinthians 5:21 “God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.”
NIV Hebrews 5:7-9 “During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission. Although he was a son, he learned obedience from what he suffered and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him.”

67. (Words spoken from Calvary, "My God...") NIV Psalms 22:1 “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from the words of my groaning?”

NIV Matthew 27:46 “About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, ‘Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?’—which means, ‘MY GOD, MY GOD, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?’"

68. (Darkness on Calvary) NIV Psalms 22:2 “O my God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer, by night, and am not silent.”

NIV Matthew 27:45-46 “From the sixth hour until the ninth hour darkness came over all the land. About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, ‘Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?’--which means, ‘My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?’"

69. (They mocked Him and shook their heads) NIV Psalms 22:7 “All who see me mock me; they hurl insults, shaking their heads…”

NIV Matthew 27:39 “Those who passed by hurled insults at him, shaking their heads…”

70. ("He trusted in God, let Him deliver Him") NIV Psalms 22:8 "He trusts in the LORD; let the LORD rescue him. Let him deliver him, since he delights in him."

NIV Matthew 27:41,43 “In the same way the chief priests, the teachers of the law and the elders mocked him…’He trusts in God. Let God rescue him now if he wants him, for he said, “I am the Son of God.”'"

71. (Born the Savior) NIV Psalms 22:9-10 “Yet you brought me out of the womb; you made me trust in you even at my mother's breast. From birth I was cast upon you; from my mother's womb you have been my God.”

NIV Luke 2:4,6,7,21 “So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David…While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn…On the eighth day, when it was time to circumcise him, he was named Jesus, the name the angel had given him before he had been conceived.”

72. (Died of a broken (ruptured) heart) KJV Psalms 22:14 “I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.”

NIV John 19:34 “Instead, one of the soldiers pierced Jesus' side with a spear, bringing a sudden flow of blood and water.”

73. (Suffered agony on Calvary) NIV Psalms 22:14,15 “I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint. My heart has turned to wax; it has melted away within me. My strength is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth; you lay me in the dust of death.”

NIV Mark 15:34-37 “And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, ‘Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?’--which means, ‘My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?’ When some of those standing near heard this, they said, ‘Listen, he's calling Elijah.’ One man ran, filled a sponge with wine vinegar, put it on a stick, and offered it to Jesus to drink. ‘Now leave him alone. Let's see if Elijah comes to take him down,’ he said. With a loud cry, Jesus breathed his last.”

74. (He thirsted) NIV Psalms 22:15 “My strength is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth; you lay me in the dust of death.”

NIV John 19:28 “Later, knowing that all was now completed, and so that the Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, ‘I am thirsty.’"

75. (They pierced His hands and His feet) NIV Psalms 22:16 “Dogs have surrounded me; a band of evil men has encircled me, they have pierced my hands and my feet.”

NIV John 19:37 “…and, as another scripture says, ‘They will look on the one they have pierced.’"
NIV John 20:25-27 “So the other disciples told him (Thomas), ‘We have seen the Lord!’ But he said to them, ‘Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it.’ A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, ‘Peace be with you!’ Then he said to Thomas, ‘Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.’"

76. (Stripped Him before the stares of men) NIV Psalms 22:17-18 “I can count all my bones; people stare and gloat over me. They divide my garments among them and cast lots for my clothing.”

NIV Luke 23:34-35 “Jesus said, ‘Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.’ And they divided up his clothes by casting lots. The people stood watching, and the rulers even sneered at him. They said, ‘He saved others; let him save himself if he is the Christ of God, the Chosen One.’"

77. (They parted His garments) NIV Psalms 22:18 “They divide my garments among them and cast lots for my clothing.”

NIV John 19:23-24 “When the soldiers crucified Jesus, they took his clothes, dividing them into four shares, one for each of them, with the undergarment remaining. This garment was seamless, woven in one piece from top to bottom. ‘Let's not tear it,’ they said to one another. ‘Let's decide by lot who will get it.’ This happened that the scripture might be fulfilled which said, ‘THEY DIVIDED MY GARMENTS AMONG THEM AND CAST LOTS FOR MY CLOTHING.’ So this is what the soldiers did.”

78. (Satanic power bruising the Redeemer's heel) NIV Psalms 22:20-21 “Deliver my life from the sword, my precious life from the power of the dogs. Rescue me from the mouth of the lions; save me from the horns of the wild oxen.”

NIV Hebrews 2:14 “Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death--that is, the devil…”

79. (His resurrection declared) NIV Psalms 22:22 “I will declare your name to my brothers; in the congregation I will praise you.”

NIV John 20:17 “Jesus said, ‘Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, “I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.”'"

80. (He shall be the governor of the nations) NIV Psalms 22:28 “…for dominion belongs to the LORD and he rules over the nations.”

NIV Colossians 1:13-16 “For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.”

81. (He became our righteousness as it has been declared) NIV Psalms 22:30-31 “Posterity will serve him; future generations will be told about the Lord. They will proclaim his righteousness to a people yet unborn-- for he has done it.”

NIV John 19:30 “When he had received the drink, Jesus said, ‘It is finished.’ With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.”
NIV Romans 3:21,22,25,26 “But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference…God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished--he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.”

82. ("I am the Good Shepherd") NIV Psalms 23:1 “The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.”

NIV John 10:11 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.”

83. (Jesus’ trial predicted) NIV Psalms 27:12 “Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes, for false witnesses rise up against me, breathing out violence.”

NIV Matthew 26:57,59,60,66 “Those who had arrested Jesus took him to Caiaphas, the high priest, where the teachers of the law and the elders had assembled…The chief priests and the whole Sanhedrin were looking for false evidence against Jesus so that they could put him to death. But they did not find any, though many false witnesses came forward. Finally two came forward…’What do you think?’ ‘He is worthy of death,’ they answered.”
NIV Mark 14:57-60 “Then some stood up and gave this false testimony against him: ‘We heard him say, “I will destroy this man-made temple and in three days will build another, not made by man.”’ Yet even then their testimony did not agree. Then the high priest stood up before them and asked Jesus, ‘Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?’"
NIV Luke 22:63-65 “The men who were guarding Jesus began mocking and beating him. They blindfolded him and demanded, ‘Prophesy! Who hit you?’ And they said many other insulting things to him.”

84. (His resurrection predicted) NIV Psalms 30:3 “O LORD, you brought me up from the grave; you spared me from going down into the pit.”

NIV Acts 2:32 “God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of the fact.”

85. ("Into your hands I commit my spirit") NIV Psalms 31:5 “Into your hands I commit my spirit; redeem me, O LORD, the God of truth.”

NIV Luke 23:46 “Jesus called out with a loud voice, ‘Father, INTO YOUR HANDS I COMMIT MY SPIRIT.’ When he had said this, he breathed his last.”

86. (His acquaintances fled from Him) NIV Psalms 31:11 “Because of all my enemies, I am the utter contempt of my neighbors; I am a dread to my friends--those who see me on the street flee from me.”

NIV Mark 14:43,48-50 “Just as he was speaking, Judas, one of the Twelve, appeared. With him was a crowd armed with swords and clubs, sent from the chief priests, the teachers of the law, and the elders. ‘Am I leading a rebellion, said Jesus, ‘that you have come out with swords and clubs to capture me? Every day I was with you, teaching in the temple courts, and you did not arrest me. But the Scriptures must be fulfilled.’ Then everyone deserted him and fled.”

87. (They took counsel to put Him to death) NIV Psalms 31:13 “For I hear the slander of many; there is terror on every side; they conspire against me and plot to take my life.”

NIV John 11:53 “So from that day on they plotted to take his life.”

88. ("He trusted in God, let Him deliver him") KJV Psalms 31:14-15 “But I trusted in you, O Lord: I said, You are my God. My times are in your hand: deliver me from the hand of my enemies, and from them that persecute me.”

KJV Matthew 27:43 “He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, ‘I am the Son of God.’”

89. (Not a bone of Him broken) NIV Psalms 34:20 “…he protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken.”

NIV John 19:31-36 “Now it was the day of Preparation, and the next day was to be a special Sabbath. Because the Jews did not want the bodies left on the crosses during the Sabbath, they asked Pilate to have the legs broken and the bodies taken down. “The soldiers therefore came and broke the legs of the first man who had been crucified with Jesus, and then those of the other. But when they came to Jesus and found that he was already dead, they did not break his legs. Instead, one of the soldiers pierced Jesus' side with a spear, bringing a sudden flow of blood and water. The man who saw it has given testimony, and his testimony is true. He knows that he tells the truth, and he testifies so that you also may believe. These things happened so that the scripture would be fulfilled: ‘NOT ONE OF HIS BONES WILL BE BROKEN…’"

90. (False witnesses rose up against Him) KJV Psalms 35:11 “False witnesses did rise up; they laid to my charge things that I knew not.”

KJV Matthew 26:59 “Now the chief priests, and elders, and all the council, sought false witness against Jesus, to put him to death…”

91. (He was hated without a cause) KJV Psalms 35:19 “Let not them that are my enemies wrongfully rejoice over me: neither let them wink with the eye that hates me without a cause.”

KJV John 15:18-25 “(Jesus said) If the world hates you, you know that it hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love his own: but because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said unto you, ‘The servant is not greater than his lord.’ If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. But all these things will they do to you for my name's sake, because they do not know him that sent me. If I had not come and spoken to them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin. He that hates me hates my Father also. If I had not done among them the works which no other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father. But this comes to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, ‘They hated me without a cause.’”

92. (His friends stood afar off) NIV Psalms 38:11 “My friends and companions avoid me because of my wounds; my neighbors stay far away.”

NIV Luke 23:46,49 “Jesus called out with a loud voice, ‘Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.’ When he had said this, he breathed his last…But all those who knew him, including the women who had followed him from Galilee, stood at a distance, watching these things.”

93. (The joy of His resurrection predicted) NIV Psalms 40:2-3 “He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.”

NIV John 20:19-20 “On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said, ‘Peace be with you!’ After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.”

94. (He fulfilled what was written about Him) NIV Psalms 40:7 “Then I said, ‘Here I am, I have come--it is written about me in the scroll.’”

NIV Luke 24:44 “He said to them, ‘This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.’"

95. (His delight-the will of the Father) NIV Psalms 40:8 “I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart."

NIV John 4:31-34 “Meanwhile his disciples urged him, ‘Rabbi, eat something.’ But he said to them, ‘I have food to eat that you know nothing about.’ Then his disciples said to each other, ‘Could someone have brought him food?’ ‘My food,’ said Jesus, ‘is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.’”

96. (He was to preach the Righteousness in Israel) NIV Psalms 40:9-10 “I proclaim righteousness in the great assembly; I do not seal my lips, as you know, O LORD. I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and salvation. I do not conceal your love and your truth from the great assembly.”

NIV Matthew 4:17 “From that time on Jesus began to preach, ‘Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.’"
© Copyright 2002 Stallion (pinoy_celt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/424685-300-Prophecies-65-96