*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/424697-300-Prophecies-s-97-128
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Other · Religious · #424697
Old Testament prophecies #s 97-128 fulfilled in Jesus Christ
97. (Confronted by adversaries in the Garden) KJV Psalms 40:14 “Let them be ashamed and confounded together that seek after my soul to destroy it; let them be driven backward and put to shame that wish me evil.”

KJV John 18:4-6 “Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said to them, ‘Whom do you seek?’ They answered him, ‘Jesus of Nazareth.’ Jesus said to them, ‘I am he.’ And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them. As soon then as he had said to them, ‘I am he,’ they went backward, and fell to the ground.”

98. (Betrayed by a familiar friend) NIV Psalms 41:9 “Even my close friend, whom I trusted, he who shared my bread, has lifted up his heel against me.”

NIV John 13:10-11,18 “Jesus answered, ‘A person who has had a bath needs only to wash his feet; his whole body is clean. And you are clean, though not every one of you.’ For he knew who was going to betray him, and that was why he said not every one was clean. I am not referring to all of you; I know those I have chosen. But this is to fulfill the scripture: “He who shares my bread has lifted up his heel against me.”'”

99. (Words of grace come from His lips) NIV Psalms 45:2 “You are the most excellent of men and your lips have been anointed with grace, since God has blessed you forever.”

NIV Luke 4:22 “All spoke well of him and were amazed at the gracious words that came from his lips. ‘Isn't this Joseph's son?’ they asked.”

100. (To own the title, God or Elohim) KJV Psalms 45:6 “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever: the scepter of your kingdom is a right scepter.”

KJV Hebrews 1:8 “But to the Son he said, YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS FOREVER AND EVER: A SCEPTER OF RIGHTEOUSNESS IS THE SCEPTER OF YOUR KINGDOM.”

101. (A special anointing by the Holy Spirit) NIV Psalms 45:7 “You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.

NIV Matthew 3:16 “As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him.
NIV Hebrews 1:1,2,8,9 “In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe…about the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom. YOU HAVE LOVED RIGHTEOUSNESS AND HATED WICKEDNESS; THEREFORE GOD, YOUR GOD, HAS SET YOU ABOVE YOUR COMPANIONS BY ANOINTING YOU WITH THE OIL OF JOY."

102. (Called the Christ (Messiah or Anointed)) NIV Psalms 45:7-8 “You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy. All your robes are fragrant with myrrh and aloes and cassia; from palaces adorned with ivory the music of the strings makes you glad.”

NIV Luke 2:10-11 “But the angel said to them, ‘Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.’”

103. (The resurrection/ascension predicted) NIV Psalms 49:15 “But God will redeem my life from the grave; he will surely take me to himself. Selah”

NIV Matthew 28:1-9 “After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb. There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men. The angel said to the women, ‘Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: “He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.” Now I have told you.’ So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them. ‘Greetings,’ he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshipped him.”
NIV Mark 16:1-7 “When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices so that they might go to anoint Jesus' body. Very early on the first day of the week, just after sunrise, they were on their way to the tomb and they asked each other, ‘Who will roll the stone away from the entrance of the tomb?’ But when they looked up, they saw that the stone, which was very large, had been rolled away. As they entered the tomb, they saw a young man dressed in a white robe sitting on the right side, and they were alarmed. ‘Don't be alarmed,’ he said. ‘You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him. But go, tell his disciples and Peter, “He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.”'
NIV Mark 16:19 “After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God.”
NIV Luke 24:1-8 “On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, ‘Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: “The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.”' Then they remembered his words.”
NIV Luke 24:50-51 “When he had led them out to the vicinity of Bethany, he lifted up his hands and blessed them. While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven.”
NIV John 20:1-17 “Early on the first day of the week, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance. So she came running to Simon Peter and the other disciple, the one Jesus loved, and said, ‘They have taken the Lord out of the tomb, and we don't know where they have put him!’ So Peter and the other disciple started for the tomb. Both were running, but the other disciple outran Peter and reached the tomb first. He bent over and looked in at the strips of linen lying there but did not go in. Then Simon Peter, who was behind him, arrived and went into the tomb. He saw the strips of linen lying there, as well as the burial cloth that had been around Jesus' head. The cloth was folded up by itself, separate from the linen. Finally the other disciple, who had reached the tomb first, also went inside. He saw and believed. (They still did not understand from Scripture that Jesus had to rise from the dead.) Then the disciples went back to their homes, but Mary stood outside the tomb crying. As she wept, she bent over to look into the tomb and saw two angels in white, seated where Jesus' body had been, one at the head and the other at the foot. They asked her, ‘Woman, why are you crying?’ ‘They have taken my Lord away,’ she said, ‘and I don't know where they have put him.’ At this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus. ‘Woman,’ he said, ‘why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?’ Thinking he was the gardener, she said, ‘Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him.’ Jesus said to her, ‘Mary.’ She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, ‘Rabboni!’ (which means Teacher). Jesus said, ‘Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, “I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.”'"

104. (Betrayed by a friend, not an enemy) NIV Psalms 55:12-14 “If an enemy were insulting me, I could endure it; if a foe were raising himself against me, I could hide from him. But it is you, a man like myself, my companion, my close friend, with whom I once enjoyed sweet fellowship as we walked with the throng at the house of God.”

NIV John 13:21-27,30 “After he had said this, Jesus was troubled in spirit and testified, ‘I tell you the truth, one of you is going to betray me.’ His disciples stared at one another, at a loss to know which of them he meant. One of them, the disciple whom Jesus loved, was reclining next to him. Simon Peter motioned to this disciple and said, ‘Ask him which one he means.’ Leaning back against Jesus, he asked him, ‘Lord, who is it?’ Jesus answered, ‘It is the one to whom I will give this piece of bread when I have dipped it in the dish.’ Then, dipping the piece of bread, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, son of Simon. As soon as Judas took the bread, Satan entered into him. ‘What you are about to do, do quickly,’ Jesus told him…As soon as Judas had taken the bread, he went out. And it was night.”

105. (To give gifts to men) NIV Psalms 68:18 “When you ascended on high, you led captives in your train; you received gifts from men, even from the rebellious-- that you, O LORD God, might dwell there.”

NIV Ephesians 4:7-16 “But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it. This is why it says: ‘WHEN HE ASCENDED ON HIGH, HE LED CAPTIVES IN HIS TRAIN AND GAVE GIFTS TO MEN.’ (What does "HE ASCENDED" mean except that he also descended to the lower, earthly regions? He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.) It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.”

106. (Ascended into heaven) NIV Psalms 68:18 “When you ascended on high, you led captives in your train; you received gifts from men, even from the rebellious-- that you, O LORD God, might dwell there.”

NIV Luke 24:50-51 “When he had led them out to the vicinity of Bethany, he lifted up his hands and blessed them. While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven.”

107. (Hated without a cause) KJV Psalms 69:4 “They that hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of my head: they that would destroy me, being my enemies wrongfully, are mighty: then I restored that which I did not take away.”

KJV John 15:18-25 “(Jesus said) If the world hates you, you know that it hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love his own: but because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you, ‘The servant is not greater than his lord.’ If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. But all these things will they do to you for my name's sake, because they do not know him that sent me. If I had not come and spoken to them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin. He that hates me hates my Father also. If I had not done among them the works which no other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father. But this comes to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, ‘THEY HATED ME WITHOUT A CAUSE.’”

108. (A stranger to His own brothers) NIV Psalms 69:8 “I am a stranger to my brothers, an alien to my own mother's sons…”

NIV John 1:11 “He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.”

109. (Zealous for the Lord's House) NIV Psalms 69:9 “…for zeal for your house consumes me, and the insults of those who insult you fall on me.”

NIV John 2:13-17 “When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. In the temple courts he found men selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money hangers and overturned their tables. To those who sold doves he said, ‘Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father's house into a market!’ His disciples remembered that it is written: ‘ZEAL FOR YOUR HOUSE WILL CONSUME ME.’"

110. (Messiah's anguish of soul before crucifixion) NIV Psalms 69:14-20 “Rescue me from the mire, do not let me sink; deliver me from those who hate me, from the deep waters. Do not let the floodwaters engulf me or the depths swallow me up or the pit close its mouth over me. Answer me, O LORD, out of the goodness of your love; in your great mercy turn to me. Do not hide your face from your servant; answer me quickly, for I am in trouble. Come near and rescue me; redeem me because of my foes. You know how I am scorned, disgraced and shamed; all my enemies are before you. Scorn has broken my heart and has left me helpless; I looked for sympathy, but there was none, for comforters, but I found none.”

NIV Matthew 26:36-45 “Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, ‘Sit here while I go over there and pray.’ He took Peter and the two sons of Zebedee along with him, and he began to be sorrowful and troubled. Then he said to them, ‘My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.’ Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, ‘My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.’ Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. ‘Could you men not keep watch with me for one hour?’ he asked Peter. ‘Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak.’ He went away a second time and prayed, ‘My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done.’ When he came back, he again found them sleeping, because their eyes were heavy. So he left them and went away once more and prayed the third time, saying the same thing. Then he returned to the disciples and said to them, ‘Are you still sleeping and resting? Look, the hour is near, and the Son of Man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.’”

111. ("My soul is exceeding sorrowful.") NIV Psalms 69:20 “Scorn has broken my heart and has left me helpless; I looked for sympathy, but there was none, for comforters, but I found none.”

NIV Matthew 26:38 “Then he said to them, ‘My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.’"

112. (Given vinegar in thirst) NIV Psalms 69:21 “They put gall in my food and gave me vinegar for my thirst.”

NIV Matthew 27:34 “There they offered Jesus wine to drink, mixed with gall; but after tasting it, he refused to drink it.”

113. (The Savior given and smitten by God) NIV Psalms 69:26 “For they persecute those you wound and talk about the pain of those you hurt.”

NIV John 17:4 “(Jesus prayed) I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do.”
NIV Matthew 26:27-28 “Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, ‘Drink from it, all of you. This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.’”
NIV John 18:11 “Jesus commanded Peter, ‘Put your sword away! Shall I not drink the cup the Father has given me?’"

114. (Great persons were to visit Him) NIV Psalms 72:10-11 “The kings of Tarshish and of distant shores will bring tribute to him; the kings of Sheba and Seba will present him gifts. All kings will bow down to him and all nations will serve him.”

NIV Matthew 2:1-11 “After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem and asked, ‘Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star in the east and have come to worship him.’ When King Herod heard this he was disturbed, and all Jerusalem with him. When he had called together all the people's chief priests and teachers of the law, he asked them where the Christ was to be born. ‘In Bethlehem in Judea,’ they replied, ‘for this is what the prophet has written: "But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, are by no means least among the rulers of Judah; for out of you will come a ruler who will be the shepherd of my people Israel.”' Then Herod called the Magi secretly and found out from them the exact time the star had appeared. He sent them to Bethlehem and said, ‘Go and make a careful search for the child. As soon as you find him, report to me, so that I too may go and worship him.’ After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen in the east went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was. When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshipped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh.”

115. (He saves the poor and needy) KJV Psalms 72:13 “He will spare the poor and needy, and will save the souls of the needy.”

KJV Luke 4:16-18,21 “And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up to read. And there was delivered to him the book of the prophet Esaias (Isaiah). And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, ‘The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised…’ And he began to say to them, ‘This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.’”
KJV Luke 7:20-22 “When the men were came to him, they said, ‘John the Baptist has sent us to you, saying, “Are you he that should come? Or should we look for another?”’ And in that same hour he cured many of their infirmities and plagues, and of evil spirits; and to many that were blind he gave sight. Then Jesus answering said to them, ‘Go your way, and tell John what things you have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached.’”
KJV 2 Corinthians 8:9 “For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that you through his poverty might be rich.”
KJV Romans 1:16 “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God to salvation to every one that believes; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”

116. (His name will produce offspring) KJV Psalms 72:17 “His name will endure forever: his name will be continued as long as the sun: and men will be blessed in him: all nations will call him blessed.”

KJV John 1:12-13 “But as many as received him, to them he gave power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.”

117. (All nations will be blessed by Him) KJV Psalms 72:17 “His name will endure forever: his name will be continued as long as the sun: and men will be blessed in him: all nations will call him blessed.”

KJV Acts 2:4,5,7,8,11,12,41 “And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven… And they were all amazed and marveled, saying one to another, ‘Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? And how do we hear every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born…Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.’ And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, ‘What does this mean’…Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added to them about three thousand souls.”

118. (He would teach in parables) NIV Psalms 78:1-2 “O my people, hear my teaching; listen to the words of my mouth. I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter hidden things, things from of old…”

NIV Matthew 13:34-35 “Jesus spoke all these things to the crowd in parables; he did not say anything to them without using a parable. So was fulfilled what was spoken through the prophet: ‘I WILL OPEN MY MOUTH IN PARABLES, I WILL UTTER THINGS HIDDEN SINCE THE CREATION OF THE WORLD.’"

119. (To speak the Wisdom of God with authority) NIV Psalms 78:2-3 “I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter hidden things, things from of old--what we have heard and known, what our fathers have told us.”

NIV Matthew 7:28-29 “When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, because he taught as one who had authority, and not as their teachers of the law.”

120. (They stood afar off and watched) NIV Psalms 88:8 “You have taken from me my closest friends and have made me repulsive to them. I am confined and cannot escape…”

NIV Luke 23:46,49 “Jesus called out with a loud voice, ‘Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.’ When he had said this, he breathed his last…But all those who knew him, including the women who had followed him from Galilee, stood at a distance, watching these things.”

121. (Jesus to be higher than earthly kings) NIV Psalms 89:27 “I will also appoint him my firstborn, the most exalted of the kings of the earth.”

NIV Luke 1:32-33 “He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end."
NIV Colossians 1:15 “He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.”

122. (David's Seed, throne, & kingdom endure forever) NIV Psalms 89:35-37 “Once for all, I have sworn by my holiness--and I will not lie to David--that his line will continue forever and his throne endure before me like the sun; it will be established forever like the moon, the faithful witness in the sky. Selah”

NIV Luke 1:32-33 “He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end."
NIV 2 Peter 1:10-11 “Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.”

123. (His character-faithfulness) NIV Psalms 89:36-37 “…that his line will continue forever and his throne endure before me like the sun; it will be established forever like the moon, the faithful witness in the sky. Selah”

NIV Revelation 1:5 “…and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood…”

124. (He is from everlasting) NIV Psalms 90:2 “Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.”

NIV John 1:1-2 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.”
125. (Identified as Messianic; this was used to tempt Christ) KJV Psalms 91:11-12 “For he will give his angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. They shall bear you up in their hands, lest you dash your foot against a stone.”

KJV Luke 4:9-12 “And he (Satan) brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said to him, ‘If you are the Son of God, cast yourself down from here: For it is written, “HE WILL GIVE HIS ANGELS CHARGE OVER YOU, TO KEEP YOU: AND IN THEIR HANDS THEY SHALL BEAR YOU UP, LEST AT ANY TIME YOU DASH YOUR FOOT AGAINST A STONE.”’ And Jesus answering said to him, ‘It is said, “You shall not tempt the Lord your God.”’”

126. (His exaltation predicted) NIV Psalms 97:9 “For you, O LORD, are the Most High over all the earth; you are exalted far above all gods.”

NIV Acts 1:9-11 “After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight. They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. ‘Men of Galilee,’ they said, ‘why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.’"
NIV Ephesians 1:19-21 “…and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.”

127. (His character-goodness) KJV Psalms 100:5 “For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endures to all generations.”

KJV Matthew 19:16-17 “And, behold, one came and said to him, ‘Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?’ And he said to him, ‘Why do you call me good? There is none good but one, that is, God: but if you will enter into life, keep the commandments.’”

128. (The suffering and reproach of Calvary) NIV Psalms 102:1-11 “Hear my prayer, O LORD; let my cry for help come to you. Do not hide your face from me when I am in distress. Turn your ear to me; when I call, answer me quickly. For my days vanish like smoke; my bones burn like glowing embers. My heart is blighted and withered like grass; I forget to eat my food. Because of my loud groaning I am reduced to skin and bones. I am like a desert owl, like an owl among the ruins. I lie awake; I have become like a bird alone on a roof. All day long my enemies taunt me; those who rail against me use my name as a curse. For I eat ashes as my food and mingle my drink with tears because of your great wrath, for you have taken me up and thrown me aside. My days are like the evening shadow; I wither away like grass.”

NIV John 19:16-30 “Finally Pilate handed him over to them to be crucified. So the soldiers took charge of Jesus. Carrying his own cross, he went out to the place of the Skull (which in Aramaic is called Golgotha). Here they crucified him, and with him two others--one on each side and Jesus in the middle. Pilate had a notice prepared and fastened to the cross. It read: ‘JESUS OF NAZARETH, THE KING OF THE JEWS.’ Many of the Jews read this sign, for the place where Jesus was crucified was near the city, and the sign was written in Aramaic, Latin and Greek. The chief priests of the Jews protested to Pilate, ‘Do not write “The King of the Jews,” but that this man claimed to be king of the Jews.’ Pilate answered, ‘What I have written, I have written.’ When the soldiers crucified Jesus, they took his clothes, dividing them into four shares, one for each of them, with the undergarment remaining. This garment was seamless, woven in one piece from top to bottom. ‘Let's not tear it,’ they said to one another. ‘Let's decide by lot who will get it.’ This happened that the scripture might be fulfilled which said, ‘They divided my garments among them and cast lots for my clothing.’ So this is what the soldiers did. Near the cross of Jesus stood his mother, his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to his mother, ‘Dear woman, here is your son,’ and to the disciple, ‘Here is your mother.’ From that time on, this disciple took her into his home. Later, knowing that all was now completed, and so that the Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, ‘I am thirsty.’ A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus' lips. When he had received the drink, Jesus said, ‘It is finished.’ With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.”
© Copyright 2002 Stallion (pinoy_celt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/424697-300-Prophecies-s-97-128