*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/429141-Home-Alone
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Crime/Gangster · #429141
Beginning unfinished story: Home alone girl, a snowstorm and a mysterious visitor...
It was cold outside. The wind blew snow against the windows and made a weird noise. But inside was it cosy and warm. I turned on the video and took my hot chocolate from the table.

The whole house for me alone, so I could do anything I wanted. My parents just called me that they would spend the night with friends. They had been gone all day and couldn't return because of the snow storm. Driving with the car back home would be very dangerous.

My mother didn't liked that I would be home alone all night. We live in a wood a few miles away from the city. But neighbours are not so far away and I could always call my brother who lives in the city.

No, I didn't mind to be alone. The alarm was on and I always had my big dangerous dog with me. With him around me, nobody enters the house.

While I was watching the movie, the lamps suddenly started to flicker and went out, just as the TV.
Great, just great. The storm had probably damaged the electricity supply. That meant that it would be cold in the house soon. No TV, no heat, no light, damned.

I got up from the couch and started looking for some candles and blankets. I was going to spend the night in the living room, I guessed. I made a fire in the fireplace, but then I saw there wasn't enough wood for the whole night so I had to go outside to get some more from the barn.

I put on my jacket, took a flashing light out of the basement and opened the door. The wind blew snow inside. It was freezing outside. Luckily it wasn't completely dark outside, because of the white snow.

I called the dog and together we went to the barn. I took some wood and brought it to the house, but it still wasn't enough for the whole night, so I went outside again. When I entered the barn, the dog started to bark.

"What's wrong, boy?" As an answer he was standing against my legs like he wanted to protect me. I thought there must be an animal who had found a shelter for the storm. Here in the woods we had a lot of animals. I turned on my flashing light and shined in the direction the dog barked.

"Oh, my god," I cried when I saw a man standing in the corner.
"Can...you help...me?" he asked with a soft voice. "I.. had.. an...accident."
I saw there was blood all over him on his arm and a leg.

"What happened?" I asked.
"I.. slipped of the...road with...my...car...and then I saw...this house.."
The poor man was bleeding and freezing dead!
"Come on inside, and I'll call an ambulance. You're hurt badly."

So I took him with me inside, put him in a chair with a blanket right besides the fire. First I was a little scared for this stranger, but I saw that the dog had accepted him. And that's something he never does with strangers. So I concluded I could trust this man.
© Copyright 2002 Miss Perone (jessieperone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/429141-Home-Alone