*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/500031-Grandmama-Lulus-Log-Cabin
Rated: E · Poetry · Animal · #500031
About a log cabin that lives on past Grandmama Lulu.
In a picturesque part of our State on the outskirts of town, was the log cabin.
Flowers were everywhere and some that would bloom all year.
Grandmama Lulu had visitors to visit for the mere sight of her log cabin.
Pansies, mums, and other flowers in Winter time offered an array of colors that brought smiles.
The morning glory vines grew on each side of the log cabin.
The smells of fresh-baked cherry pies, pumpkin pies filled the air.
The wood fire place kept the log cabin invitingly warm where guests enjoyed their moments with Grandmma Lulu.
Hours upon hours, her stories were heard some by the towns people and visitors who heard about the log cabin.
Birds, deer, rabbits found Grandmama Lulu's log cabin and food were given freely.
Nature's beauty surrounded the cabin.
No modern conveniences none were needed.
Grandmama Lulu's name was heard abroad.
The town's people, their politicians, assessed no taxes on the log cabin for it became a landmark and remains as a part of the town's history and found outside of town.
© Copyright 2002 Silverindian (silverindian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/500031-Grandmama-Lulus-Log-Cabin