*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/515981-You-are-What-You-Eat
Rated: E · Article · Food/Cooking · #515981
an article about the overprocessed, chemically engineered foodstuffs in America
During the past week, the thing I’ve noticed the most has to do with people’s eating habits. I’m really strict about food consumption right now because of tennis--no pop, coffee, or other notoriously unhealthy foods. Recently, it has come to my attention that the advertising agencies have unfairly targeted kids with the choices of elaborately savory snack-foods. Have you seen the new adds for the Chips’ Ahoy Creamwiches? As if a butter-saturated, sugar coated king size cookie wasn’t enough--they had to add the calorie-filled creamy goodness as well. The infamous “blue” French fries and green ketchup have piled on to grocery shelves all across the U.S. Under a heavy layer of mixed lard and breadcrumbs (now blue), there lies the smallest inkling of a naturally grown potato. Where have all fresh foods gone? We now live in a world of chemically processed, fried to a crisp, sweetened, salted, and genetically altered foodstuffs. It’s a wonder the food doesn’t crawl off the plate--we’ve animated it with preservatives and harsh chemical additives. So next time when you’re eating those flavor-filled mouth-watering munchies, remember to look at the label--you are the phenylketonurics that you eat.
© Copyright 2002 rebecca (asteph7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/515981-You-are-What-You-Eat